Bright White Virtual Mirrors

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MarcG, Apr 29, 2014.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

No help from the Modding forum so trying here in the hope that someone can help:

I've aquired a track that has as the thread title suggests, I know this is'nt a Car/Mod issue (ISI Megane) so therefore must be a Track Issue. Is there something I need to alter in one of the tracks files to erradicate the Bright Whiteness and return them to normal? the cockpit and wing mirrors work just fine, it's baffled me as it does'nt happen at any other track I've got just this one so I believe it maybe something I can fix....but need help!
    Thanks

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

There are some parameters for the mirror in the scn file of the track. Here is an example from Lime Rock.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks Tosch but that all checks out OK :( compared other tracks GDBs and nothing is off in that, it's nothing to do with the Weather, going through the SCN now with a fine toothcomb!

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ok narrowed it down to an HDR issue, with that Off the virtual mirrors are fine, however racing wth HDR off is not an option!

Anyone come across this before?

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ok after an evening of switching every in game setting, deleting shaders/other files and trying every other setting and default this and that, I've eventually came to the conclusion that the whiteness issues are with the Practice & Qualifying sessions....as if I select Race on it's own the Virtual Mirrors are fine, select Prac and/or Qual and the whiteness appears and that then includes Race as well..so it must be this.

So far I've copied .wet from Silverstone and as close as the .gdb and yet I still cant get it fixed.....driving me insane!

Again anyone else got a clue now that I've narrorwed it down further?