Brianza Trees Rendering Improperly

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by blakboks, Dec 23, 2013.

1. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Since b342, I've been having issues with the foliage in Brianza (I was hoping the upgrade to the current build would have fixed it somehow). They're all rendering translucent. (See attached images)

The issue ONLY occurs in Brianza. I first tried toggling 'Wind and Crowd Animation' in settings, followed by uninstalling and reinstalling the track. I most recently went into rFactor2/UserData/Log/Shaders and deleted EVERYTHING (with Brianza uninstalled), then reinstalled Brianza. Nothing seems to be working.

I'm surprised that nobody else has reported this issue (so far as I could tell with a few different keyword searches); which makes me think I'm the only one who's having it--which makes me think it's something to do with my particular configuration / hardware.

Any help anyone has to offer would be fantastic! Thanks!

View attachment 11206 View attachment 11207

2. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

I'm not 100 % sure, but it's possible you need to edit your .plr - looking for transparent trees or someone like that and change the value. You can test it, riskfree.

3. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Thanks Andreas. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing it in my .plr file. I even tried deleting the .plr file entirely, but I still have the issue.

4. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Known issue for those particular trees; will be fixed in the next update for Brianza (not top priority though) ...

5. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Thanks Luc! I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about it yet. I'd done some pretty broad searches such as "Brianza" "Monza" and "trees" but didn't see anything on the forums.