Brianza Howston G4 Madness/Suicide

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by Guimengo, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I just gave up after ~30 race starts in the Howston G4 (everything default) with 9 (later reduced to 6) AI all at default value (100% strength, 59-60% other stuff). Starting from the back of the grid is absurd due to the very erratic AI smashing on the car, then there's the T1 gridlock. If you can go by unscathed then you have to worry about pulling a gap or you'll get smashed by the late braking inefficient line the AI takes. Surviving all that there's the occasional sudden understeer moment even at 70km/h gently tugging the wheel that can have the AI catch up and smash onto the car in some way.

Really hoping for near-future track updates with improved AI lines and behavior supporting all ISI vehicles, and of course graphical goodness improvements too. Then it could be awesome racing there! Until then it's a great simulation of multiplayer play with the historics :p.

2. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Which version of G4?

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The default, as in big engine and tiny wheels. The AI can't handle it and it also lunges in too late on brakes completely screwing their apex and exits.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Do the AI training. They optimize lines, speed through corners, braking, etc. should really help. Set it to accelerate time and let them train for 100 laps, maybe 300? I dont know, around there. Give it a good hour or so.

5. Justy

Justy Registered

Interesting, I didn't know you could do this. :cool:

Would you mind explaining how you go about training your AI? I currently have a nice image in my mind, that I need to attach treats to my car and let them give chase and that I can teach them new tricks like "sit" and "fetch". :)

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

After selecting the track, go to the session settings and only have Practice selected. Change AI to only one, then go to the track. Don't leave the garage screen and do time acceleration to speed things up.

Now this won't do any magic tricks, so don't be surprised to find the AI way off or even incapable of completing track learning (classic cars in Spa will not complete learning). It's also why it doesn't help much since it comes down to how things are out of the box.

7. Justy

Justy Registered

Ace, thankyou very much kind sir. :)

EDIT: Sorry, I have some more questions about this. When you say do time acceleration, is that using Ctrl + X, not the timescale options in race settings? Also how will I know when the AI has completed its learning process? Lastly, does the learning process apply to the specific car.. i.e if you trained the Skip Barber AI, at Brianza, would that training affect only the Skip Barber and not; say the 60's GP cars at the same track?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
  8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Yup, Ctrl + whatever key you choose. Every lap there will be a message showing how far from the ideal line the AI is (down to the centimeter). Don't be scared by the values! The AI will begin with a message "Stay out of my way, human" to which you respond "go %$@# yourself" and let it run. You will hopefully get a message saying "Track learning completed" once that is done, and the AI is not transferable since different vehicles handle differently. Check out the Howston G4 at Monza - as an example - and watch the AI brake way too late and lose the tangency.

9. Justy

Justy Registered

Got ya, thanks!