Brands Hatch GP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul Knapp, Sep 25, 2014.

1. philman

philman Registered

And if we came back to Brands Hatch!!!

2. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

+1

3. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

I apologize!

Yes, we should here only talk about for the beautiful and infamous race track Brands Hatch Indy and Brands Hatch GP.

With this great work, went for me a heart's desire in fulfillment! The race track!

Here's a 1920x1080 wallpaper of the track... I hope they accept my apologies.

http://www.fisrs.com/Bilder/Brands_Hatch_Indy_02.jpg

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I´ve made a new AIW for this two (Brands GP and Indy).
    Added BLOCK-line.
    I´ve initially made it because of an issue the AI had in turn No.3 (downhill).
    The Spec Miata does there a 0:52.8 at 100% after 10+ laps. For me it fast enough.
    What do you guys say?
    If the creator is interested, please PM me.
    I recommend for everyone to do the following setting:
    "Autocalibrate AI Mode":2,

Greets
    Pete

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh so cool man!

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Was this ironic? :eek:

7. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

""Autocalibrate AI Mode":2"

Thank you for the AIW tweak but can you explain me the meaning of "autocalibrate AI mode"? In my player .json file I've 0 instead of 2 : what's the difference?

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

No. Why would it be?
    You're improving the AIW on a track I really wish to drive, so I'm just excited. :)

9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

With setting "2" there is a learning algorithm for the AI going. They improve theire line and
    so willl be faster after minimum 2 stints.

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

And this works for regular practice and race mode? Is it per car or per class of car? Are there files produced by this process? Would appreciate you explaining some details or pointing to a link that explains it. The AI is so pathetic at so many tracks, that if there is an automated way to fix it, even if it takes a while to embed in, I can't believe we are not all using it already and/or that ISI wouldn't set it to on as default.

11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Where is this described in the huge thread?

The opening post (updated) only refers to the Test Day, 1 AI, files spewed all over the place mess that is completely impractical for a normal user to use. Your description sounds like something that runs in the background (during normal rF2 usage) and just requires time to bear fruit. The existing AI Autocalibrate system that we have had for many, many months couldn't be further from that. I hope I am missing some new information!

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

So the improvement files apply to the whole class of car, not just the specific version you are using? No manual copying and pasting of .ini files? Or still the old system where you do (but at least confirmed that they do work)?

And still limited to one AI car in a Practice session and they should run alone so you don't block or screw then up? And is any random AI car, or do you have to create one especially for this purpose? Sorry for the questions, but I stopped participating in the main thread when there was seemingly no progress on automating the auto-calibration. Wasn't sure whether that was because the auto-calibration wasn't ready for prime time in ISI's view, or, the usual, not enough time and resources to pay attention to it. It certainly isn't because we have a shortage of AI problems on third-party tracks!

Of course the real question is whether this system could ever be used by modders to improve the AI BEFORE they bake it into the track production. So that optimal lines, etc., could benefit any/all cars that are used...instead of this ridiculously tedious manual and repetitious process that we all as users could supposedly replicate on our individual installations.

At a minimum, we should be sharing these files if there are favourite tracks that are good except for bad AI.

14. peterchen

peterchen Registered

The setting "2" make them learn during a test,- training,- or qualify-session!
    You don´t have to mess with files in any way!
    The improvement is automaticly present, as the AI´s learn from every lap!
    Clear now? :eek:

15. argo0

argo0 Registered

So, as long as I stay out of their way, I could drive at the same time?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

16. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks John

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

17. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Any news for the AI's update?

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Wow, I just saw this (never saw it before):

"AI Calibrate Sample Size":5,
    "AI Calibrate Sample Size#":"When AI calibration is set to 2, this is the number of trials the AI should run while testing each parameter. bigger # == larger file size of saved data",

This could be an important setting to use with the autocalibration (I wonder why it only works with autocalibrate at "2" and not "1")

[HR][/HR]
    If that's the case, then why is the game set to 0 as it's default? Also, why is there the option for "1"? It seems "2" should always be on, no matter what, no?

[HR][/HR]
    "AI Mistakes":,
    "AI Mistakes#":"a range of (intentional) AI mistakes from 0.0 (none) to 1.0 (sometimes). Anything above 1.0 multiplies the frequency",

adjust that :) , works brilliantly in pre-rF2 ISI sims, haven't tested it out in rF2 yet.

[HR][/HR]
    Adjusting the following can help if the A.I. are too closely and/or evenly spread apart without enough variation:

"AI Limiter":,
    "AI Limiter#":"Range: 0.0 (no limiting) - 1.0 (limiting used to make racing closer but also make more driver differences on flat-out tracks)",

It worked brilliantly in pre-rF2 ISI sims as well, but I haven't tested it yet in rF2. I think you want to lower it to 0 to have more variation...

[HR][/HR]
    A lot of people from rF1 recommended AI Mistakes @ 0.25
    http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189440

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
  19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I always run with AI limiter set to 0. Not sure if it works quite as well in this build as in previous ones? Either way it gives a nice spread in the field if the talent files are varied enough.

Which value is good to use in AI mistakes? If I just want to see an occasional mistake and not the entire field of cars upside down on the wrong side of the barriers? :D

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Read my previous post, I updated it :)