Braking issue with Formula One 1979 at Longbeach '79

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Bernat, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Bernat

Bernat Registered

2. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

just a thought but I've noticed in some mods that brake pressure is set to 85% in the default setup, I had the same issue with the VRC formula NA, change it to 100%. possibly the same issue.

3. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Thanks but I've explained it badly. I loose grip very soon in the front tires. Thus I have to apply brakes very softly. The AI seems to do well with harder braking. Maybe this car needs some mandatory setup but since I'm no expert I was asking in case anyone can help me with the obvious.

4. Lars

Lars Registered

i drive with 51:49 (guess default, also brake pressure default) everything much higher locks the front tyres immediately in my case (show up tyre menu while racing, F4 i guess and watch tyre temps). - do you use H-pattern (recommended for this mod), do you shift down through the gears while braking and have you increased wing settings?

5. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I use paddles and I downshift while braking. I haven't touched any car settings. It seems like I'm missing something special about these cars although I'm usually careful about things like brake bias and downshifting, but not so much on tire temps and wing settings. You've given me some things to check out and maybe try out when I can. Thanks.

6. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

There are two settings you can look at to give the ai less breaking power. There is a breaking entry in the player file but some MODs override it. There is also an entry in the aiw if your ok with packing. Don't have the files in front of me or I would list them but. Try a few searches otherwise let me know and I can list them at some point when I am strapped in.