Brabham and Renault 3.5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minibull, May 29, 2013.

1. Minibull

Minibull Member

Gday all,

Just wanting to ask a couple of q's regarding 2 cars in the game. First one is the Repco Brabham. I've been looking through my old racing books and all the photos of the 1966 Brabham, and I kinda thought the tyres looked a bit odd in game, that they didn't really match the pics I could find.
    After having a look at the rF2 model, the front wheel looks very small and the tyre sidewall excessivly big. Looks quite odd, especially against the old pics I have.
    I read in the technical notes that you only had one example to get technical data from, so is it because that is how the car you sampled was setup in terms of wheels and tyres?

The second is for the 3.5's. What year model are they? In the garage it shows the rev limit matching to the 2010 spec (8,500) vs the current 9,500, and if the wiki is to be believed, they ran a Nissan V6 through 2010 and run V8's from 2011 till now.
    Doesn't quite seem to match the footage I've found though, with the 2010's having that distinct V6 sound, and the ones in rF2 sounding just like V8 ones. Just looking for any answers, as there are no real specs up for the 3.5 in the downloads section here.

Cheers :)

Edit: Also noticed that the pic for the Clio safety car in the downloads section is the same as the one for the Clio cup series above in the list. The name is also the same and might be confusing for some, dunno. Should have "Safety car" or something in the name.

2. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

I think the rF2 depiction of the '66 Brabham is about correct

[​IMG]

3. Minibull

Minibull Member

Pic in the post above kinda shows what I mean. True, cars probably changed from race to race, just wondering what people think.

http://i.imgur.com/OHBTr.jpg

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I sat in one (original ) a few weeks ago, everything looked to me about the same as in rf2, I was impressed by this

(I also try very hard to get the correct fov & seat position in sim too )

Bear inundated that your resolution aspect & your fov can stretch things wider or higher depending on your settings thus distorting perspective

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I know that the 3.5s are the older models. It sounds like they updated RF2 sounds to the new models though, I guess considering so many of the complaints.

If you watch videos of the old real life models, they actually have the same type of boring, under-revving sound that the old RF2 pre-updated 3.5 models had. I am convinced that ISI used the sounds of the new real life 3.5 models for "inspiration" for the current RF2 3.5 model, which again, is based on the old boring sounding model, and not the new screaming sounding real life model.

I think my post may be more confusing than it is helpful lol.

6. tjc

tjc Registered

I love the BT20, but...

I`ve always thought that the driver looks too small for the car (or the car is too big for the driver)

When in cockpit it looks like there`s quite a bit of room around the driver but as with pretty much all race cars, and proved by those pics John posted above, there wasn`t much spare room at all.