'Bout had it with this AI...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PearceYaussy, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emery

Emery Registered

Shouldn't affect races, just Practice and Qualify sessions.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ideally you'd be doing it with Fuel, Tire Wear and Mechanical failures all OFF (for the practice runs), so if you Race like that then it's fine. Each to their own but I revert back to 0 when Racing.

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

No. All of this is set to normal. Do what you like, but then you never will experience the full capabilities of the AI. So I hope you don´t complain then ever. ;)

4. FauxPo

FauxPo Registered

----EDIT
    I had an old version of the F3 Eve mod installed in the comments below...

No. I hoped it'd be overwritten. Thought safer than deleting things. I could delete it (.wis file) and try learning again at 120%. I'd originally assumed the idea was that 100% learning would help all difficulty levels.

They're racing at 20% aggression but I assume we stick to the 50% for learning.

If anything good happens I'll report back. BTW, the instructions didn't specify lone practice mode or whatever it's called. I assumed that's the thing to use. Pity they can't learn lines for side by side driving. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Eh? Of course I'm experiencing the full capabilities of the AI :confused: I do as ISI suggest and it works just fine, it works your way too which is great for you :)

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Let me qualify what I said.

I am talking about the F3-Eve @120% on historic tracks, nothing else.

I drive barely a handful of cars.

Every sim what I drive and where is solely based on personal preference.
    I find what I like and what works for me.

Belgium at 120% can be awesome , I have done hour races with 2 pit-stops with Ai.
    Having said that it can also be horrible but that is what I find so refreshing.

ie: You see a flag before Malmedy Chicane and know there has been a incident.
    At what speed do you risk dropping into a blind turn?
    Can you thread your way through wrecked cars ?
    It is exciting ! lol

No not if you go in flat chat in tow and just disregard the flags !@! ..........lool

I mean it is 1960s , death, accidents are second nature.

So I should want for perfect Ai every lap ? why ? :)

The pleasure is working out what the Ai are going to do and making moves stick.

I tell you another thing I rarely ever see drivers online do is give up the line or corner to Ai that has caught up in fast tow.

In real races you see it all the time, the driver in front knows that if he doesn't he will just hamper both their overall speed and others will catch them.

So next time you check rear view and see a car has caught tow and is 5 mph faster just let him go drop back in behind.

Honestly I can check behind and know in a instant if the attitude of a particular F3 looks psychotic and get out of his way.

90% of the time those types will run in too deep lose corner speed and you are straight back on them ..............

I still stay the biggest effect is when Ai pull out of another cars tow very close to a turn.
    Obviously they are going faster but will brake at the same point.

imho the overall incidents from bad Ai is bad judgement and unforced errors.

My last advice, there is probably over 10,000 car and track combos ..............find which work for you and stick with it.

Or are you going to sit there and tell us they are all bad. :rolleyes:

For testing I do the reverse
    I always start at 120% , then dial it back.
    For one you want to see what the ai do at the max level.
    for testing use optimum rubber with no road wear for consistency.
    You will quickly find a particular combos pros and cons.

Keep restarting weekend, no reload and no road wear.

Test the ai like that for 4/8 hours non-stop, find deltas and laptime spread.

Then start dialing it back to your performance.

Make qualifying fast enough you only get on the rear of the grid.
    That will give you smoother progression through a race with slower closing speeds.

I mean if you can catch and pass Ai in a Race what is the point of qualifying on pole.

Where is the fun in that, you may as well hotlap alone.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  7. FauxPo

FauxPo Registered

--UPDATE---

This is rather embarrasing.

I had an old version of the F3 Eve installed. Don't know how, I'm sure I checked that.

I am a cock.

Just had a couple of races at 120% and the difference was massive. I was getting tense at all the usual places I got taken out but nothing happened. LOL They are aware!

The racing was great. Got taken out a couple of times but were racing incidents.

They're still hopping curbs. I deleted the folders with wisdom files. I may do the type 2 learning again. But 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' comes to mind.

Apologies to everything and everyone...

8. bwana

bwana Registered

Glad you figured it out. I ran a 30 minute sprint yesterday offline against 24 Ai in the flat6 at Highlands, 112% AI at 47% aggression ,a group of us (myself and 5 AI) broke away from the pack and had one hell of a great race . got into 1st with 5 minutes to go and had a gap but was challenged with a lap to go ,the AI where brilliant ,while one was trying to poke it up the inside at every chance the other sat back patiently waiting for us to out brake each other which happened with 2 corners to go and the 3rd Ai played sneaky bugger and got us both. Quite incredible AI intuition.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Cool Faux :)

I did a 40 minute race with 7x fuel ( 2 stops ) and 4x tyres.

16 laps was great, ai stops were pretty spot on to mine.

using 36 cars I was careful not to pit with the masses and got a clear box.

Okay you can see yes in pics I went very slowly at start full tanks on damp track and let the leader get at least 20 seconds ahead.
    When I tried to push fast laps passing up the inside I slightly flat spotted tyres both times leading to a dumb error lost me 6 seconds.

Best lap of 2:23 is not great but was done on a full tank rest of laps I nursed tyres. loool

Not a single yellow flag.

P.S.
    I used intermittent showers with the sun coming out near end of race, looked spectacular even no HDR

Oh finished 9th lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
  10. bwana

bwana Registered

Sorry to bail out yesterday DD, internet(telstra) issues huge lag spikes. Hence offline race mentioned above.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Hope you had fun.

Just remember to try and pit as late as you can by then all ai are done.

You must take tyres whether you need or not as Ai always do
    and they easy to keep pace with as it is.

I be surprised if you let yourself drop 30 seconds behind the leader and push hard
    if you do not flatspot the fronts on a full tank. hehehe
    So getting the tyres both stops is okay you can flog them more. p

If not and one has your box just give him a nudge forward but not hard enough
    to spin him sideways and do it dead on level with the gearbox if possible.

You still both get filled same time, probably faster for you as you stop quick loool p
    and by the time your stop is done he will be gone.

Again I go back to original problem in that other thread with feeling of black ice, me and Boxer had it today even though we both put in 2:19s and good race laps

Just overheat one tyre a little too much in the wet and don't let it cool off suddenly you are pointing backwards.
    Or struggling for traction like it shows in that video at Longford with F2.
    The more you spin up worse it gets.

Newbies may not notice but sometimes dirt, grass and/or a wet track can heat tyres even more then dry.

Would be great to have wets and/or cut slicks for a screamer mod.
    One day/year/sim, when ISI tyres react to water, ie: drive offline and puddles to cool them down, etc. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2016
  12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Hour race, 100% damage, 3 stops
    6x fuel, 4 x tyres

Dalek was only one ran out of fuel. lol p

;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Don't know if this has been mentioned, and don't care for reading all comments - but AIs need to be TAUGHT how to drive, overtake and defend, on every SPECIFIC track - it's all about the AIW.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

In the extreme yes 101% I get it ;)

I don't run a lot of content, 70 tracks and 70 cars installed.
    Including all circuit layouts that would have to be 10,000 combos or more ?

I can only imagine the amount some others must have.

Out of all those combos I may like 10% so if only 10% of those have decent Ai I still have 100 combos to drive.

The other thing is if I train the Ai my style / lines they just become someone else's clone hey ?
    I guess you could train individual cars ? say 3 variations of each , that would make 30,000 combos to do.

What we need is a database for this like the setup site.
    Begin with grading all ISI combos from good to bad and improve the worse first.

Like say .......ummm ...... Belgium F3 is first cab of the rank thanks. hehe ;)

15. Comante

Comante Registered

Lol you really jump on page 5 of a discussion to say something like that? :)

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well yeah it is a heck of a lot of hours x combos so a database where people could share the ones they
    are interested in would be helpful, indeed.

17. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

If you refer to me, yes I did, as lots of users have no clue as to how AIs work - they download some third part content with a halfarsed AIW, find the AI useless and then blame the sim. It just gets tiresome to me, and must be outright frustrating fir ISI.

18. Comante

Comante Registered

I was more surprised by this part of your statement : "Don't know if this has been mentioned, and don't care for reading all comments" , than what you actually said after it. :D Because you posted a thing that for what you knew could have been beaten do death, resurrected and beaten again... twice. :D

19. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Yup, and if so just ignore my post, is that so hard ? But has it been ?

20. Comante

Comante Registered

Actually, as you know because you master it, arguing on the internet is too seductive for abstinence. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.