'Bout had it with this AI...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PearceYaussy, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I guess that`s the problem. He dont understand that the problem is the track`s path, but not the AI`s themselves....

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

If the AI`s path is wrong made, cou can autocalibrate for decades, it wouldn`t help ever...

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

But you can increase the learning, that does a lot! Though you have to let them train and quali!
    Sure, when AIW is totally wrong that doesnt help. But I dont think that this is the case on LRP or Sao Paulo....

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Believe me, i did this calibration on LRP & SP dozens times, it doesn`t help. E.g. LRP on T1 and SP the righthander on the hill, dont know the number at the moment...These both tracks clearly needs a new ai path...

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Jeeesss, - take it or leave it! No need to argue here! That where only major recommendations!

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Depends on the Mod, I've done learning at LRP (most if not all the configurations) and it worked just fine.

7. Emery

Emery Registered

Hmm, I think that's overkill. You never stop building the databases if you leave it on 2 forever.

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

.wis-file is only created after a certain amount of laps.
    And even if you run 1+ hour of training every time: wheres the problem?

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That's incorrect, wis files are created straight away.
    edit: What you may mean is the wis files first information is created after the first "stint" :)

There isn't really if you have the raster size at a large number it'll create a bigger wis file but even then it won't be massive sizes, if you have it running all the time you may have a folder with a few megs worth...depends on number of cars/laps run etc. Not a major issue to leave it at 2 but not something I've ever done.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

From the horses mouth (figure of speech!) this is what ISI say the ideal number of laps for "2" should be but baring in mind this post is from December 2013!:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...king-Build-382?p=235640&viewfull=1#post235640
    "Secondly, this new system doesn't make little improvements every lap like the old system tried to do. In this new system, the car goes out for (by default) 24 laps at a time (he warms up his tires the first 3 laps, then runs 3 alternating trials of X laps each...as defined in the playerfile....default is 7). After that 24* lap excursion, he returns to the pit and figures out which of the 3 trial values for that particular variable worked best (i.e. fastest time) through each "corner" and adds those results to his "wisdom" database. Then, before he refuels and heads out for another run, he figures out a new variable to test & 3 "trial" values (for each corner) to try based on past best values.

I've been setting the game in time acceleration mode and letting them run 240-300 laps to build up a decent sized database. "

11. whitmore

whitmore Registered

The learning can be good for AI Laptime and best path it is just their ignorance of other cars that create issues.

12. FauxPo

FauxPo Registered

Just did some Formula2 2012 at Malaysia full loop, and the AI (120%) were quite well behaved. Good side by side racing. A few of the usual complaints but they showed awareness.

----EDIT
    I had an old version of the F3 Eve mod installed in the comments below...

That was a totally different experience to Brianza 1966 with the F3 Eve, which for me was: restart..restart..restart..restart... just trying to finish one race. Swiping across you, bouncing off curbs and taking you out. And they showed zero awareness in some situations, particularly Parabolica. I was punted right off the track last lap 3 times when I'm braking at worse half a car length earlier than they are . An AI, a long way back but on my line just doesn't brake at all until his right on my bumper which is a long way forward by then of anyone's brake point. And in fact some of the AI braked exactly where I did on those occasions. Made no sense.

Also, exiting Parabolica, I'm in a line of AI, nose to tail, exactly the same path but it's me on the apex at that moment, and then one of them enters from wide and drives straight into the side of me like I'm not there. Several times that happened. Just nonsense.
    I know humans do these things sometimes, but this idiocy was relentless, every race.

So I gave up on that track. I'm sure it's possible to learn strategies to avoid it, but i'm not interested in building habits so far off anything I'd do against people.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
  13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

14. Comante

Comante Registered

Fauxpo, as other have said (never tried because I'm slow) when you push AI skill beyond 100%, you should adjust their braking ability and other few things to avoid the problem you describe.

15. redapg

redapg Registered

Maybe my Online-Editor can help for changing AI Settings.
    Check "Only entries for AI" and upload your player.JSON File.

16. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

17. FauxPo

FauxPo Registered

----EDIT
    I had an old version of the F3 Eve mod installed in the comments below...

Comante,

Thanks, but with a load cell and heel'n'toe, when my technique is spot on I can brake pretty much where the AI do at 120% and come out with them. They are slow on exit anyway. The braking problem was that some times (seemed to be last turn, last lap!) one would just not brake at all until he'd hit me. if you edit away their braking ability, there might not be much competition, no matter how slow you think you are!

Oh, you'll find it's related to the denial going on and on.

I'll take Durge's word he's found a way. But I suspect it's not for me. (Not sure if his replay needs putting other stuff in the installation? I don't want to do that).

But when some people say they've only ever been taken out when it was there own fault... that there's no issue... that they hope the developers don't listen, then I'll bang on about Brianza. Seems fair to me.

Or, we could all call it a day? The ball's in your court....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
  18. Emery

Emery Registered

Well, they're running in "training mode" rather than driving mode, so AI behavior is different.

19. Emery

Emery Registered

Did you delete the database already created at 100%?

20. peterchen

peterchen Registered

In what manner?
    I´m doing good races in this mode.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.