BOP in the BTCC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ron Watmore, May 27, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore Registered

I race AI mostly and noticed the BOP of the BMW's is off compared to the others. Every race all 4 bmw's are up front and the rest of us way back. Anyway to change that? Thanks

PirroC likes this.
  2. Attention - sarcasm: wait for the next hotfix of the hotfix of the hotfix of the update of the content drop ... should not last that long and will for sure be in the evening of a Tues- or Friday ;-)

3. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore Registered

Alrighty then!! :) Thanks

4. FlatOut389

FlatOut389 Registered

Noticed the same.. it's always qualify and race BMW 1-4, except me depending on difficulty/track-combination. I did a 10 Lap race on Brands Hatch Indy. They finished 8 seconds in front of the FWD-Cars, which were altogether (20 cars) in just 9 seconds from first FWD to last FWD.. and when you want to race a "Normal" 2023 field, many cars are doubled.. because there are 2 versions of each car. Racing Max Angelo get's annoying lol Well the cars are great, the tracks are great.. only the AI-Racing, although being one of the stronger things of rF2 in the past, is not a good experience :/

5. sg333

sg333 Registered

Same experience here, always BMWs dominate AI qually and race.

Also the formation laps even with BTCC & official tracks (thruxton/brands/Donington) are a disaster, cars spinning and darting back and forth across the track. Croft AI races are next to impossible as they always fire into the tire stacks in the first part of the lap.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There apparently is a bug in the latest AI improvements and it is being investigated. One of the key programmers who was supposed to begin work in another area of the sim has remained to fix whatever fubar has crept into the code.

7. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore Registered

I have not had all the disaster that you are talking about. I do a standing start. Do you know if V1133 Build 11262531 is the current version? This is what I am running

8. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Yep, that’s the latest and greatest, if you ever want to double check build ID’s go here => https://steamdb.info/app/365960/depots/ Check the “public” line for current build.

9. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore Registered

OK I got the same thing at Croft. Hope it gets fixed!

10. PirroC

PirroC Registered

When racing with the AI 100%, RWD AI CARs much faster than FWD AI CARs, just like two class . (the AI is great, many fun races with AI, but the FWD AI is too slow compare with RWD AI)

For human driver, the FWDs and the RWDs are pretty much equal.

11. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Registered

Yes I have noticed the same thing. I reported it in the AI thread on the discord page as this is where a lot of the admins also look.

I tested this at Brands Indy & GP, Donington and Thruxton with each result being the same. BMW 1-2-3-4. Their quickest lap times 1.5 sec quicker than any FWD car.

It's the same with the Infiniti (the other RWD car). Put those in a race and they will match the BMWs.

The only real way to fix it at the moment is to create a dedicated server and run races online with the AI, then you can add ballast to the BMWs to slow them down. This is a big hassle to set up however, so it looks like we have to wait for a hotfix which could be who knows how long.

PirroC likes this.