Booted from server when using custom skins

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Shane White, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Shane White

Shane White Registered

I race in a weekly league and we have come across an issue with people getting booted from the server when using custom skins. It seems to be fine if you uploaded your skin before the new ui was released, but if you uploaded it on the new ui, you get booted any time the server advances to a new session. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a solution or so we just have to wait for s397 to fix it?

2. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Registered

I race at Sim Racing Online, at the weekend we had a new endurance league start yesterday.

The issue appears to be the custom team files, so if you create a "new team" option in the game it causes the issue. The server see's you as unknown class and kicks you out at the beginning of the race. Up until that point everything was fine. It kicked out about ten of us.

If you use the "default" method of creating a standard livery folder and copy your MAS (or DDS files) into that it works as all those drivers who had custom liveries that way were able to start the race. You just show onscreen as the original car name rather than a created custom team name. I hope that makes sense.

I did check the RCD file (I think that's the name of it, sorry I'm away from my gaming PC). It all looked ok but there must be something that's not working correctly, or being created correctly. It looks ok to the player but not the server which is misleading as you think everything is fine.

I'm just going to go back to the default method and hope that works.

3. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

We in our league have found that even using the default method, where you do not create a team is also kicking people out before the race.
    A fix seems to be to join the server with your skin, leave, reselect your car again from the customise screen, and then you dont get booted.
    The other problem is, skins are jsut not transferring properly.
    Some people see a white car, others see a default livery instead of the painted one.

4. Stevy

Stevy Registered