Bolting a(n electric) motor onto an existing engine…?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by MileSeven, May 3, 2023.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

As a distinct amateur - and after a lengthy break from modding - I returned to one of my projects yesterday that has long had P2P enabled via the engine (mixture) map route…

…I went off on a tangent from my planned engine work, however, and having seen the Motor entries in the latest physics spreadsheet for the FISI2012, wondered if it was easy/possible to convert my engine by bolting a motor on… (noting that the HDV entry for the Motor section has changed - as mentioned by @Coutie).

I didn’t have any success (no battery charge at the outset for starters) and in trying to catch up through the archives here, found hardly any reference to the Motor .INIs and entries?

Is this viable (yet) - or still restricted somehow to official content?

2. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

MileSeven likes this.
  3. redapg

redapg Registered

@MileSeven You can also check our Palatov D2.
    I did make the E-Engine a long Time ago already and we've got some Info from @Michael Borda back then.
    Currently we use "Fuel" for the Battery Gauges, because the new Battery Codes doesn't seem to work.
    But you don't see a Difference in Game. ;)

MileSeven likes this.
  4. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Thanks both.

5. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Thanks - I’ve got it running - the FSR car was really helpful as I finally spotted the battery capacity entry in the HDV that stopped my early attempts from working…

Can’t wait for an updated physics spreadsheet…;) I’ll just have to fiddle for now.

Bill Worrel likes this.