BODY AERO - rake parameters

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by albenstein, Jan 13, 2014.

1. albenstein

albenstein Registered

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, so sorry if this is answered somewhere already, I looked and found nothing.

These aero parameters are new to rF2, and I'm not sure I understand the meaning fully:
    BodyNegRakeDrag=(-0.0002, 0.000, 10) // if rake is negative, use absolute value of rake angle: (coeff/degrees, coeff/(degrees^2), maxDegrees)
    BodyPosRakeDrag=( 0.0123,-0.000, 10) // if rake is positive: (coeff/degrees, coeff/(degrees^2), maxDegrees)
    BodyNegRakeLift=(0.0418, 0.000, 10) // if rake is negative, use absolute value of rake angle: (coeff/degrees, coeff/(degrees^2), maxDegrees)
    BodyPosRakeLift=( -0.151,-0.000, 10) // if rake is positive: (coeff/degrees, coeff/(degrees^2), maxDegrees)​

Regarding the drag parameters, is the coeff/degrees a deviation from BodyDragBase, like BodyDragHeightAvg and BodyDragHeightDiff? For example if:
    BodyDragBase=0.3
    BodyNegRakeDrag,coeff/degrees = -0.0002
    BodyNegRakeDrag,coeff/(degrees^2) = 0.0
    rake= -1,
    then, disregarding any ride height or drafting factors, total drag = 0.3+(-0.0002*abs(-1)) = 0.2998 N/(m/s)^2,
    meaning that drag is slightly reduced when the vehicle pitches rearward (positive X is left -> positive rake angle is forward using right-hand-rule, this is an assumption, pls correct me if I'm wrong).​

Regard the lift parameters, does the same apply but relative to the BodyFore,Y value?

Regarding the maxDegrees factor, does this place a limit on how much the factor can affect the final value of total drag or total lift, like BodyMaxHeight? For example, if maxDegrees is 10deg, then performing the calculation above with at 10deg and again at 20deg would have the same resulting impact on the total drag/lift value.

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
  2. Led566

Led566 Registered

Bumped, I have the same dubts, could anyone clarify ?