BMW F1 2008 SE release

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by michael1, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Nice one

2. johnconner

johnconner Registered

The author of a work is responsible for its creation. Normally, the author is the person who actually creates the authorship being claimed. The only exception occurs when authorship is created as a work made for hire. In this case,ISI the employer is considered the author, not MMG the employee who created the authorship.

Note that if a work was “made for hire,” you must name the employer as author in this case.

this work consists of a copyrightable compilation.it is work formed by the collection and assembling of preexisting materials or of data that are selected, coordinated, or arranged in such a way that the resulting work as a whole constitutes an original work of authorship. A publisher of a compilation will typically be the author of the compilation.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2013
  3. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

And John, we didn't make the car because ISI asked us to. The car was made before ISI even wanted the car. We just had it ready and allowed ISI to use it. The car was made by us from scratch for our mod. It was not made for a client or an employer as you so put it. People in the community need to realize that they need to get facts straight before they make assumptions. The car will be released in the MAK-Corp F1 2008 Mod since MAK-Corp is the parent company which MMG was the modding group for. The car was released under ISI & MMG back at rFCentral. The car model, the textures and the related materials of the car are copyrighted and still proprietary rights of MAK-Corp. ISI's version of it may be altered and converted and used by ISI licensee's and anyone ISI gives permission to, though in this case that permission was not acquired. The very person who posted this car came to acquire permission from MAK-Corp because they knew it was our model, but because they didn't like our answer, they went ahead and released it anyway.

As I said, this is a trivial matter and I don't even know why people are even caring about it anymore. We certainly don't so why are these old topics being brought back up? I've said my piece already about our model and that's that. I couldn't care less if it remains here or not, all I cared about which I told Michael when he came to ask permission from me over at MAK-Corp forums was that I wanted to make sure that anyone converting this car would do so with quality, and not just to get their name out for the fame. I wanted to have first view of the conversion to see what quality it had and even offer help to expand the quality anywhere Michael needed help in, but that was disregarded and the car was released. So be it, its such a petty matter that I am not even going to waste my time with it. But that doesn't mean the community can sit there and think that everything is fine and dandy. I will certainly not allow any of our work to be used or converted without the right permission. The only reason I allowed it with this car is because the updated version of this car will be released in the F1 2008 mod which will negate people wanting to play this one as it will be older compared to the new version which is higher in quality. I just don't see any point to people arguing over this mod anymore. Just let it be.

4. johnconner

johnconner Registered

well its a nice car anyway it got michael1 a lifetime ban from isi death threats to his facebook i am not sure you can do any more damage to him and he did a dam good job with this version only mod with proper tire wear its a shame i bet he would have gone on to be a good modder for rfactor2.

5. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Death threats? wtf? what for??? That's a bit harsh, who the hell posted death threats to him? I hope that's not legit but if it is, god damn, this community needs a reality check. I hope Michael is ok, I don't wish bad on anyone and having to deal with being treated like that on facebook is certainly not acceptable.

6. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Death threats... over a rFactor mod!!!

That's ridiculous if true. That said, there's enough info available on Google for Micheal1 to do something about it if it bothers him.

7. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Pathetic, absolutely path-et-IC. (psychopathic)

8. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

The links above don't work.

9. jepeto

jepeto Registered

Vert happy about