Bmw e90 wtcc '06-'08

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Corti

Corti Registered

Well, I see that the police also exists in the world of simulation,:cool: I will not dwell much on what I think of this topic.
    I'll continue to enjoy this game (as a rookie I am). I'm dying to try it and it will go as smoothly as the Fiat 695 mod.

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I hope all the best with your project :)

I'll stay tuned! Would love to test it too when it's driveable.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I recommend it being sorted by WTCC year before the teams, as to keep correct competition easier to identify and streamlined.

4. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I was talking about the order into the classes list. Obviously into the dedicated as well as offline opponents you will find them for WTCC year.

5. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Slow Motion tell me when you have the first version,that ~IsR~ also intends to follow this job.
    Contact me via PM,we do the same job as the 500,for the missing component.
    Thanks for your time devoted to RF2

Babs

6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

After driving the Abarth... This will be another great drive. Lets get testing.

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I'm in :)

looking forward to this mod. thx for sharing your time and work.

8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

A quick update and one question.
    Remarking I want to have a mod very close to the original rF1, because I vote it like one of the best mod of ever for this WTCC class and I consider my job only an "update to rFactor2", the new technology of rF2 opens a door to have different behaviors of the tires.
    Maybe the most of you already knows what I'm discovering managing the TGM file. Without entering in the pro settings creating a tire by scratch, but only playing on several coefficients, is possible to change the behavior of the tire, "forcing" the way the tire wears. I thought to have a "qualify" tire that must be used in a very specific way to have it at its best for a couple of laps only: you must warn it smoothly, avoiding too much slide in the first lap out of pit, then you can push always paying attention to avoid too much slide otherwise the tire dies immediately. In this way, depending of track, you can drive 2 or 3 laps with a fantastic grip and balance of the car.
    If you push too much, i.e. if you spin a 360 degrees means to throw the set of tires and, in any case, you cannot use these tires for a race, only for the qualification. This is better or at least a different behavior than altering the wear curve only.

I found a very interesting post and spreadsheet here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19133-Tire-degradation-editor-anyone-interested and I asked the author for some clarification and help.

I'm not yet sure about the coefficients to be managed, more or less depending of the result I want to achieve, but I hope this choice will be interesting for you all.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
  9. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

much more time than expected... but now I have only to set tires' performances!

View attachment 15038

10. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Stop teasing Slow Motion ;) they are looking great. Can't wait to give them a try :cool:

11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Lol Eddy, but I prefer to release a beta to some testers where the main points are fixed.

Graphically I have at least one point that I'm not able to fix: calipers in some cases and depending of the point of view cross the spokes rims, but everything seems right and really I finished ideas.

View attachment 15039

About tires, as I explained here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22702-AI-and-several-compounds?p=323584&viewfull=1#post323584 I'm using a workaround, but I hope some mate can find a better option!
    And the success ballast too is a workaround, ufff...
    I'm still testing with some friends tires' performances for 3 compounds and also vs AIs, in different weather conditions and it is not so easy and fast...

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Looks really great! I'm waiting for a PM from you amico mio.

13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Ready for test! PMs will follow.

14. regged

regged Registered

Hi Slow Motion, really looking forward to this mod. Please PM me if you need any extra testing done.

Many thanks for all your hard work on RF2.

15. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Ready to receive a pm :D

16. pas74

pas74 Registered

i'm ready too!... PM...... ;)

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have the plesure to test this beatuy in the last 2 hours and I'm in love with it!

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm of course also available for testing. :)

19. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Don't have enough time to test it seriously. First remarks just regarding the video: Mirror seems to block the view a lot, I'm surprised how low is it, you can't see the road when turning right. Sound seems pretty good, handling is difficult to judge as the video is really stuttering (for me, my config, internet, etc?)

I'll test it when released for sure :)

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

yea, sorry the video isn't the best that I can do.