Blue Halo in Mirrors (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Dae Bennett, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Dae Bennett

Dae Bennett Registered

Anyone know what causes the blue halo over the AI in the mirrors in RF2? My friend bluering.JPG is having this problem and we can't figure out what's causing it.

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Could be the heat-fx mesh of the engine.
    Did he try different graphics settings?

3. Dae Bennett

Dae Bennett Registered

Seems to have occurred since the last update, 1.1112. Only happens on some mods but at all tracks when that mod is being used. It does seem to be in the location of the heat effect best we can tell. So far he's tried lowering all his texture detail and effects to their lowest levels, dropped his resolution down from 4k to 1080 then 800x 600 but it still persists. Any suggestions welcome, thanks!

4. Dae Bennett

Dae Bennett Registered

Also tried deleting the cbash and shaders folder and letting it rebuild on restart, also did not cure the problem.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  5. Eddy

Eddy Registered

6. Dae Bennett

Dae Bennett Registered

Executed everything in the link above and that fixed it, thanks for your help. Since he doesn't use the heat Fx he also went to his player json file and adjusted the "Heat FX Fade Speed" from 30 to 0. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

multivac and Eddy like this.
  7. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello everyone, just for your information, I have detected the same problem in the 2011 Nissan GTR GT1, when in the past they had never had it.

I will disable the heat effect of the exhaust pipe outlet, until a solution is found.

Greetings.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think it will 'appear' for every car in some form. Perhaps not the newer ones with the PBR shaders, but so far, we've seen several of the older cars exhibit this halo effect. This appears to be bug in rF2, not the individual mods. (Unless there is a graphic update required after all the DX11 and PBR improvements.)