Blue Flag behaviour

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Tony, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Tony

Tony Registered

Quote Panande May '13: "..So I qualified for the second place made the FL and started.

Then the game showed me the blue flag for no reason and I should move over or I'll be penalized.
    I didn't slow down because I thought it is just a bug and will go away by itself.

But it didn't and I got a drive through for not letting the guy behind me pass (or the whole field)
    Remember that this was the very first lap we hadn't even crossed the line again
    ...End quote

Our own (F1-S-R) almost identical experience online this week while practicing for an online race at 60's Monte Carlo this Sat:

..There is another issue we have to sort out. We did test a race-start which showed a nasty surprise. As soon as the green flag went down I received a blue-flag and I was listed as 4th position, but I qualified 1st. I stayed on my position and within a few corners I received a warning and after that a drive-thru penalty for ignoring the blue-flag. What was that?! ..Another driver said he received the blue-flag too.

Has anyone else seen/experienced this? Seems strange to have suddenly popped up again - but a whole year later?

We are racing 2 classes of car (Historic F2/F3) if that has any bearing?

Any help appreciated :)

2. canastos

canastos Registered

In our league we've been suffering this issue last two races, one with build 590, and last one with build 660. Our server is configured for showing blue flag when leader is less than 0.5 sec after lapped car (just in case this information is useful)

3. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

our server is configured only black flag, no problem

4. Tony

Tony Registered

Well that would certainly cure it.. but with 2 classes at Monaco I think we're going to need blue flags :rolleyes:

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just had something very similar in a league race, I started 4th but was immediately shown 9th and there were blue flags being shown. A car was starting from pitlane and I think was shown out of position, maybe that had something to do with it.

Regardless, we long ago set the blue flags to 'show, but don't penalize' so when we get strange ones like this they are an annoyance only.

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

this was mentioned before for quebec. the dude posting it later said it was prolly ok but I found the same issue there and am still convinced blue's where showing when they did not have to.

7. canastos

canastos Registered

The configuration for black only means there won't be full course yellows, and therefore no safety car; our server is as well configured this way.

Blue flag configuration uses a different line at PLR file, and even when server is configured with black only rule, you will get blue flags as well. That's fine, the big problem is that blue flags don't always work as they should while in first lap.

byyyyyyye