Blue flag AI solution?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by trollray, Feb 4, 2020.

1. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi guys.

I'm creating some AIW path for 1986 season from Postipate for my personnal use for now.
    I'm having some really cool results but...
    As soon as the AI is a lap down or receive a blue flag in any circumstances, AI go out of the way but in the kerbs or put a wheel in the grass and that resut in a spin.
    Sometimes it can have a contact with other leaders when getting back on track.
    Any idea?

PS :
    I have try many solutions in HDV, AIW or PLR. (AIW corridors seems not effecticeby AI when blue flag is out)
    I'm lost now..
    Thanks for your answers.

2. trollray

trollray Registered

No idea?
    I was lost, now i'm feeling lost and alone, argh no future .. lol

3. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

@t0p5ecret might have an answer.

Although it you're lapping AI, it's not much of a race...

4. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Have you checked that your left and right lines are defined correctly and that your corridors indicate the edges of the track?

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Did you make the block path? It could be in the grass.

6. trollray

trollray Registered

@t0p5ecret , Thanks for the reply,
    Left and right are supposed to be used for formation lap no?
    In any case, Left and Right are the same as fastest for now. (copy them in aiw editor)
    For the corridors, They are correctly on edges of track except with the chicanes.
    Chicanes have corridors bottleneck both in "collision corridors" (red ones) and with "driving corridors" (blue and white lines)
    Don't have touch to "cut track"

@Coutie ,
    Of course i've created a block path but never go in grass with it.
    As it is descripted in manual, i use a defensive path but clean.
    I think i 'll start from scratch and see if it can help.
    Thanks guys

7. trollray

trollray Registered

But for my personnal info,
    what are the real differences of corridors types?
    Next, what is best for main path. In the perfect middle of the road or more natural path? (little bit inside in curve)
    Last but not least, Left and Right are they taken in coinsideration except for formation lap? And then, how to deal with them? (I mean, what philosophy to use like for example "block = defensive path' )
    Thanks for your answers ;)
    Cheers

8. trollray

trollray Registered

@t0p5ecret , i forget to tell,
    laping ai is because i've modified the mass of 1986 vehicules for each team and it give me a perfect balance in performances.
    (6 sec from lead to last per lap in imola like it was in real season) Both for me or for ia at 100% ;)

9. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Main path when I redo them for tracks I always leave my pit limiter on, start from just across the start finish line in the center of the track and complete as clean a lap as possible at low speed in the dead center of the track the whole way around. I then make sure I have over lapped the start by may be one or two waypoints. I'm not sure if this is the absolute best process but it works for me.
    I have had issues in the past with Left and Right lines being in the middle of the track, Laguna Seca was an example, the AI behaved horrendously here until I used the move function on the Left line to move it to the left edge of the track and then duplicated it with an offset to create the Right line on the right edge of the track.

Couple of things as well, only ever use the "find corridors" function once and only after you have done the main and initial pit path, if you do it again it will remove any manual corridors you have created. If you re-create a pit line later on because it's causing pit exit issues you will need to find corridors again and this will again remove your manual work. So make sure you are happy with you main and pit paths before doing anything else.

10. trollray

trollray Registered

@t0p5ecret ,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Good idea with speed limiter. Will test it.
    I've started from fresh fastest lines and corridors and it seem to work better but not perfect..
    I must redo the main path and start from scratch now and see the differences.
    For what i have for now is a left and right path made as i drive a formation lap and it works pretty well now (Full course yellow should now work also i guess. )
    Block path work like a charm.
    Blue flag is far better now.

The main path is the original one and is not completely in the middle. (it's created more as natural drive )
    I'll make a new fresh aiw now and will get back to tell the differences between main path in perfect middle or not. ;)
    Cheers.

Emery and t0p5ecret like this.
  11. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Good stuff mate, happy to help.

12. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi, with many tests now, i can tell that blue flag is still a problem but nothing we can correct ourself.

But the good news is that i have find some good tricks that help in aiw path creation.

1 - The main path need to be made in the perfect middle of the track
    2 - Creating corridors with a fresh new main path of course
    3 - The fastest path must be done with the car that you use
    4 - The fastest path is better when driven very slowly but precise and fluid.
    No need to drive fast. It's more like if you where teaching
    a beginer what is the best line than driving it fast ;)
    5 - Block path is very good and must be made like if you where defending OR attacking another driver. Fluid as fastest path but
    get inside sooner.
    6 - Left and right are made for full yellow or formation lap

I'm still confused about collision corridors effect
    Normal Corridors seems to help prevent cutting corners but not avoid them completely.
    It seems that AI is balancing their decision between car distances, corridors and path.
    I feel it like a priorisation between different behavior and that's why the results are so unpredictable sometime. ;)
    My 5 cent

Cheers

Emery likes this.