blankbutton000.bmp message

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aldrew, Sep 21, 2014.

1. aldrew

aldrew Registered

Has anyone gotten the message "Could not load blankbutton000.bmp" on start up?

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Only when I tried installing a build older than 798 and 798 in the same dir to see what would happen. Did you start fresh with 798 or 860?

3. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Same thing here.
    Used the exe to update to 798 because I hadn't updated for awhile. That's when this gmotor2 error started. Updated to the latest via the updater. Still got this error.
    I guess a fresh install from scratch would be the easy fix. That would clean out all the rubbish files and folders left over from the earlier installs.
    When I can be bothered with it.

[edit] Cheers Tim. Beat me to posting. I had a kitten walking over the keyboard while I was trying to type. Threw it at the daughter who's still in bed, like usual!

4. DocJones

DocJones Registered

5. aldrew

aldrew Registered

It started after about two updates ago. I did not do a fresh install, I just downloaded the latest build and clicked the execute. I guess I should do a fresh install. Thank you.

6. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I just did a fresh install. Totally removed all rF2 folders, after package folder BK.
    Re-installed using the 798 exe because I had it. Fixed the button problem. Ran the game, worked fine.
    Went to update to 860 via the updater not having the exe for this version but it has failed to sync. SyncManager exe failed.
    I guess I'm downloading the 860 exe now. Bit painful...
    I have the 860 SDK exe that I did install after installing the 798 lite exe, Could this have something to do with the sync not working now?
    It did work before but had the blankbutton issue.

7. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

All fixed if anyone is interested.
    The 860 exe worked out.