Blackwater Lake TT (Track Layout Contest 2012 winner) - WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by KeiKei, Feb 25, 2013.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

What are you working on right now?

"Sonoma circuit."

:mad: I'd kill for that track in RF2 :( good interview and yeah, Feels gain and our/RF2s loss for sure.

2. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

3. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Very nice interview. I've noticed he said he is working with guy 'com8', didn't he also made tracks for rfactor? Nordschleife which Pelclaire has converted and edited?

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Does anybody know if com8 allowed conversions just for nords or for any of his tracks? I made a private conversion for myself of one of his tracks and I would share it if permission was granted.

enviado mediante tapatalk

5. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Just seen some WIP shots of Sonoma in R3E. Make no mistake, feels3 is a massive loss to the rF2 community.

Talking of Com8, I'd love to see Salzburgring and Norisring brought to rF2.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

:(

8. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Mianiak has stated that he is going to update Searspoint. I think it was a couple of months ago, he said he had one other track to finish or work on first and then he would revamp Searspoint. It wasn't in the Searspoint thread, so I don't remember who's thread it was in.
    Anyway, that is one to wait for.
    In addition, we have quite a few good track modders supporting rF2.

9. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

10. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I'm really happy for you feels3 ! Good job :)

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

At this point can some good modder finish this project?! Maybe he can ask the permission from feels?!

12. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

This may be a bit off topic to this thread but I am posting it here as the recent discussion in this thread has leaned toward a different topic and this applies to that.

First let me introduce myself, I am James Mabe and believe it or not I've been creating tracks for RF1 for nearly 10 years over that time I've worked on 14 finished tracks, more that I worked on haven't been publicly released yet. Yet it would not surprise me if no one on this forum recognizes me or has never heard of me.

For an idea of what I have done, I started back on F1C, back then I only converted tracks and was learning; I created a small group called Standalone Mod Guys, converted a number of gpl tracks including many that were released with the F1 74/75 mod back then.

When rfactor came around I made my first scratch built track, Autobahn Country Club. After that I started doing freelance work;

San Jose Street Circuit for Virtual GT simulators,
    Motorsport Ranch, Texas Motor Speedway, Heartland Park, Mont Tremblant, and Laguna Seca for MSS; Motorsport Simulators
    Las Vegas Street Circuit, with iDT second publicly released track
    Ribeirao Preto and Salvador Bahia for Reiza Studios
    Homestead Miami Speedway, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and Auto Club Speedway, plus 3 more yet to be released tracks for Simraceway

Now I'm sure you wandering where I am going with all this. For all these years the one thing I was really looking for was to be able to do this as a steady job and in all that time freelancing I've never accomplished it, at some point along the way I guess I just followed the wrong path to get there, with so many of my tracks being done for private clients or for companies few know I had any hand in making these tracks. So why am I here, well like a lot of people I've been waiting to see how Rfactor2 developed before making any more on doing anything with it and lately seeing some of the more recent track releases like Putnam, Poznan, Loch Drummond and Mores has Rfactor 2 appearing in much better light for me now. I feel like I can creates tracks to this quality myself and if I can't get a company to hire me then maybe I can work for myself much like URD. I can see by the many post here that people are looking for more quality track developers, I personally have an interest in all types of tracks, my his proves it I've basically created every type of paved circuit there is at some point and I have a healthy interest in classic tracks as well. So the question is, would anyone be willing to purchase quality tracks or even support me in any manner with donations or whatever.

I know payware is a topic few want to discuss yet it exist in about every type of sim out there, planes to golf. Basically what I am saying is I am willing to work for sim racers if they are willing to support me. I wouldn't be looking to get rich of it by no means, just security so I can devote that time to the work necessary to create with the quality desired. Prices would be as cheap as reasonable, more sales would mean lower prices overall and possibly free tracks along the way and some funds I'd like to put away to perhaps put to a sim racing project I've wanted to do for years that I still hope to do someday.

Why not mod? Basic reason is, everyone needs to support their future, I can't devote full work days to a hobby, and the time it would take to build quality tracks in free time equates to very few tracks getting done in the long term, it could take a year or more for each track not to mention all time spent of my free time toward this is time I can't devote to other projects that also don't bring income, like artwork or my first novel I'm writing, etc.

I know this is strange and sudden to post here, but I've been talking with someone recently about it and just reading the post in this thread tells me people want great tracks and for RF2 to supported well into the future like RF1 was.

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

If there is quality, I will throw my money at it. No doubt.

I had no problems spending a little money on the T5 and Endurance mods from URD. It's pure quality, and it makes rF2 an even better package.
    Feels' tracks I would gladly have paid for, had he wished. And if you start making quality scratch built tracks for rF2 I'm for one will happily pay a little extra.

You really seem to know your way around track building, and this is just what we need right now. I really hope a lot of people will back you up.

I myself have been composing and recording my own music and songs for 6 years now. A creative and extremely time consuming process, much like modding.
    I've spent so much time on it, so much energy, like you wouldn't believe.
    Never have I received a dime for it, even though many people have enjoyed it (do I sound bitter??:p).
    In other words, I know where you're coming from, talking about payware.

EDIT: maybe open your reply up as a new thread instead, under "3rd party locations"? More people will see it I think. :)

14. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

+10 (euros :))

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

If you make quality tracks then I wouldn't mind to give u my money!

17. lbird

lbird Registered

I am thinking likewise, if the quality is great i always donate for the trackmaker. If somebody devotes so much time for a labour of love than at least a decent beer token is well deserved...

18. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

There should be something like kickstarter for the mod community.

That would spark the content for sure! I want Bathurst, and if it would be on kickstarter (not sure if you can do that with that kind of content) I would gladly add money to it.

But I'm not sure if kickstarter site is the good way to go.

Cause if you put a goal like 500 usd for a track, and it reaches it's goal. After that no one would really pay you for it.

Should be a easy way to donate money to get content without problems. Like itunes and songs, should be cheap and easy. So no one really bothers with piracing it.

19. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

No word on this project huh?
    I was so hyped for this project.

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

The creator now works for another gaming company.