Black screen in developer mode

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by boblug, Jan 7, 2013.

1. boblug

boblug Registered

Ok, so I have been happily building my track and thought maybe I should check to see if it actually works before too much work is done.
    So i took the advice from the beginning of this thread (great advice and macros etc) and of course my track crashed RF2.
    So I stepped back and just tried a simple plane and it loads into RF2 at the garage but when I go to race it is just a completely black screen with the editor details.
    Simple plane with one gmt multi sub texture that exports fine. Scn details from the export and followed as I say all advice from second post.
    I have not included a skybox so will try that but any other ideas or advice from those that have been successful so far. Any special tricks in exporting the gmt etc?

2. boblug

boblug Registered

Anyone?

3. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Delete all content from folder C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\Log\Shaders

Launch dev mode and load joesville. It will take longer than normally, because rF2 rebuilds shader data during track load process. If Joesville works, then try your track again.

If your track crashes, it might be good idea to check few things from your track also.

- do you have xsectors placed on your track scene? Without them track will crash.
    - do you have aiw file? If you do, try to remove it from track folder and make sure you have solid track/ground in coords 0,0,0 (where game places your car by default, if aiw is not present)
    - If you have skybox, remove it. It's not used with rF2 anymore.

Cheers!

4. Robby01

Robby01 Registered

look at the startup screen and switch the race off and practis on i had this to cos i didnt had the startgrid setup back than

gr robby

5. boblug

boblug Registered

Great tips guys thanks, pulling hair at the moment, will try later.

6. boblug

boblug Registered

no luck so im going back to a stripped down joesville to just add a plane.
    Any advice on export setup from max?

7. boblug

boblug Registered

Well got my test peices loaded but now when running in developer mode and running on track I crash into invisible stuff and car jumps high into air. Can't even do half a lap.
    Any ideas?

8. jaykinch

jaykinch Registered

Thanks mine was starting black for the above reason
    cheers