Black screen after turning HDR off

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by punkstjimmy, Jul 1, 2012.

1. punkstjimmy

punkstjimmy Registered

I ran a session with HDR on but had to turn it off again due to the framerate drop. After turning it off from the in-game settings menu when I go back to the track I am faced with the following:

View attachment 3018

Clicking the race button does not bring the graphics to life, i'm just faced with a black screen again. All the sounds are working as normal, I can rev the engine so my inputs are working too.

I've tried restarting the game and restarting my PC but the problem persists. The only way i can get it to work again is by turning HDR back on or (what I had to do last time this happened) re-install the game.

Is there a value i can change in an XML file or somethign to get it working again? I really don't want to have to re-install it all again and I can't play with HDR on since build 90.

My specs are in my profile details, ask if you need more info...

Thanks

2. ChrisR

ChrisR Registered

alt-tab to windows then alt-tab back, i have to do it all the time

3. PieterN

PieterN Registered

I have got similair problems. Could it be a driver issue ? Havent driven with HDR on yet.

Cheers

Pieter

4. Cherokee

Cherokee Registered

Try switching off FXAA. That helped for me.

5. punkstjimmy

punkstjimmy Registered

Thanks for the suggestions, i eventually managed to get it working again by just switching windows until it worked.