Black Carbon UI & White Carbon UI

Discussion in 'Other' started by ViSo, May 5, 2014.

1. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I seem to have some problems with this UI though. The buttons images on the left main menu disappear and turn plain white or black when clicking between them and I get many times crashes to desktop while leaving leaving the track to return to main menu.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
  2. ViSo

ViSo Registered

- Sometimes the buttons on singleplayer main menu become invisible, I know that, and I cannot find a solution. Crashes are not related with UIs, Im sure about that.
    - This UI was made for Build860, older builds are not recommened. If new builds have something new or changes on UIs, then may have bugs about that new changes/features.
    - Please note that this UI is no longer ''wip'', is actually stopped, no more planned updates.
    - Creating UIs for rFactor2 is a headache, that bug you are speaking about, and other bugs are present in my UI, and they all are hardcoded and I cannot fix them, losing hours for nothing is not a pleasure. ISI makes a default UI and fix the problems they find, but if you want to add new features or something to the UI there will be bugs and even reporting them, they will not be fixed because they are not a problem for the default UI. These things made me leave the game (3 month ago) (not only UI edditing, everything)

Everything I made, is stopped now because Im no longer playing rFactor1.1 I mean, rFactor2.

3. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

I only tested this with build 910 and this UI is the only thing where I ever had rFactor2 crash.

That's sad to hear, but it's disingenuous to call it rFactor1.1, because rFactor2 has many vital improvements over rFactor1.

4. ViSo

ViSo Registered

Lets speak about graphics: latest DX11 effects with latest ultimate graphics and textures. Oh, wait, its just the same engine with HDR and a few more effects.
    What about contact path? insta-crash when you touch some kerbs, at high speed.
    Damage model? Cars with nearly no damage system.
    Rain! and variable climatic! Oh wait, F1Challenge 2002 already had it ...
    rFactor2 is always free of bugs, unstable builds, lags, low fps, ...

Sorry mate, I see no vital improvements, only a few minor improvements.
    I will play rFactor2 again for sure, and continue my projects, but probably not this year, I will wait a few more builds for more improvements, and a real-no-beta stage.

5. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

The forum system should automatically quote these words when someone writes "rF3" on threads

6. Conrad Venter

Conrad Venter Registered

I'm loving the look of the black carbon UI, thanks for taking the time to make this. The only thing I noticed is that whenever I select the "List View" option it boots me out of the game.