Bizarre jittering effect on opponent cars.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by hardtohandle, Nov 7, 2014.

1. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

I have this problem since updating to 880 where opponent cars, when you are close ahead/behind them only, they get painted in multiple places simultaneously creating this really bizarre effect. It's impossible to race against cars doing that. The ping remains good when it happens, and it happens with ISI car/track also. Once the car is more that about 0.5 sec ahead/behind the problem goes away and all is normal again.

Apparently a lot of people are experiencing it. It seems more similar to that 'predictive algorithm' problem many builds ago than a lag problem.

Any ideas?

2. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Got a screen shot?

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I suffered from this and found for some reason I had changed physx settings from auto. I get stuttering ai if I run too high settings with too many cars, but I do have a very aging system.

4. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

No I will try and get one, but i can say in the replay the jittering does not happen, only when on the track. It paints the car, paints the car again about 1 meter ahead, and another about 1m behind, and all 3 flicker giving this mad 'time travelling' image of a car.

5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Question: Is it during online sessions or offline sessions?

6. FrtizRommel

FrtizRommel Registered

I get this too in offline sessions.

7. modlicha

modlicha Registered

I had exactly the same case a few days ago and I think the cause is thermal throttling. Lagging opponent car (they keep skipping forward and backwards very fast during driving) and slowdown effect appeared when my phenom 1045T reached 72 degrees of Celsius.
    There was a lot of dust on the heat sink and fan. After removal of this I had a temperature of about 52 degrees, and everything was fine.