Big improvement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricky Law, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Ricky Law

Ricky Law Registered

I would like to hear some feedback about the improvement that I feel from one simple change in my steering setup. first of all, I was using a Logitech DFGT for a number of years and got much enjoyment from it on rF2. About a year ago I bought a Logitech G29 and immediately noticed how much better it was than the previous. I don't have a powerful PC or a great video card (Nvidia 1050 GT). A day ago i adjusted my FFB settings in the GHub software. I changed the steering sensitivity back to 50 from 100. ( I originally thought higher would be better) Well, the improvement in feel for steering, correcting and drifting is significantly better. The result is more confidence throwing the car around. More fun!
    Any thoughts?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In the past, rF2 used 50% as the fully linear steering sensitivity setting. That meant the wheel responded the same throughout it's travel. iRacing folks were used to 100% being fully linear and that often caused some confusion when they migrated to rF2. During the updates to the UI/Menus, S397 changed how that setting is represented. Now 100% is fully linear, just like iR.
    I wonder if your GHub settings mimic the original rF2 method? Or if it is similar to iR, then 50% is slowing down your steering inputs and making it easier to catch...I can't say for certain which is which.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Ricky Law I couldn't easily find a G Hub reference in relation to the G29, but the Logi site talks about G Hub settings for the G923 (bound to be the same) and 50 is indeed linear.

Unfortunately sometimes more isn't better. Linear is good here.

I would guess many people use the Logitech Gaming Software for the G29, and in the past G Hub has had some issues, but maybe it's ok now.

Anyway, have fun! :cool:

4. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Sometimes the wheel software acts as a marketing tool and a source of issues. They try to sell improvements that aren't, it's just marketing. They should provide an option for a vanilla experience without those fake improvements.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It defaults to 50, and these are basically just arbitrary labels. (as Dave mentioned above, rF2 is linear on 100%. If you don't know what it does you might think 200% is better)

The issue is explaining clearly what it does, not that it's somehow misleading for marketing purposes...

6. Ricky Law

Ricky Law Registered

The default value, 50, is described in G Hub as linear. Less than 50 is described as "Cruising" and 50+ is "Sport". It would seem that "linear" makes most sense as a preset for rF2.

Lazza likes this.