Better graphigs, Car setup options info , Adjustable FFB , Content

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Jokeri, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

I dont normally care about graphigs, but compared to iracing, RF2 is miles away..

Car setup options info = explanation what effect changing a value has. EG. brake map, is 1 most engine brake or is it the least engine brake , or does it even have to anything with engine braking.
    I car adjustable differential,boost,ABS,engine braking etc. What ever you can do in real life with that spesific car.

Adjustable FFB like in raceroom racing experience, you player can choose how much curb, wheel grip etc has an effect to FFB

More professionally made content, this is not arma..

Iracing is wiping our a***s..

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

If you think ISI are amateurs I really don't understand why you'd be here at all to be honest.

simbin ffb? Sheesh, I hope not. :p Last I heard about simbin they had to claim bankruptcy to avoid paying their debts.

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

graphically speaking I prefer a lot rF2 to iRacing. You know, tastes, mileages, etc, just my opinion off course :)

One of the thing I appreciate the most in rF2 is the "out-of-the-box" FFB settings. You don't have to touch anything IMO and Boom, it's spot ON. Sometimes I lower or raise a little the FFB multiplier, depending cars and mainly for third-party ones, but I really don't want to change balancing between kerbs, road, grip, etc. as the mix is realistically computed by the rF2 engine and I don't want to cheat or change to unrealistic value this department. Off course I respect if some want to have more settings, I'll just keep them as default as long as it's so perfect IMO ;)

This is not arma? man, that's why they never answered at ISI support when I asked where was mapped the fire key ;)

4. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

This is a joke right ? unless you mean rF2 is miles ahead :confused:

In other words add fake canned effects. There is nothing faked or canned in rF2

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh yeah, gimme some of that sweet fake sloppy SimBin ffb.

Wow what a thread. :D

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

6. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Like the fake rumble strips, road noise, misc bumps, in the TDF files? Don't see a problem with those at all, just a means
    to achieve a goal :)

What Jokeri in my opinion means is some way of tuning the forces in certain parts.
    For example:

You are driving a car with rock hard suspension, but have a Logitech wheel. With the FFB multiplier on 1.0
    you can feel the cars behavior quite good, feel slides coming on, but hitting those kerbs or rumble strips
    you'll shake your rig till your bottle of beer falls out of the cupholder. Without sacrificing the overall feel, it
    would be nice if you could dial down the forces directed to your wheel only while on the kerbs a bit, like if
    there was literally a multiplier of 0.8 inbetween the sim and the wheel but AFTER all physics and forces dynamics
    calculations, so it is a choice to finetune settings to make up for wheel strength/type for example.
    This is going the other way as well. I've seen tracks with 15 centimeter high kerbs, about 3 times higher than FIA
    standards, probably because the track builders didn't feel them enough in their wheel. So you make the track unrealistic
    to have the right feeling through the wheel? Seems odd, doesn't it?

If you're now going to complain, 'only real forces, no fake stuff', yeah sure, let's all buy servo wheels then to properly
    output forces and no one is allowed a low budget toy wheel anymore. Unless that is happening, that argument
    holds no ground to me if I'm honest.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  7. Minibull

Minibull Member

I seriously think that if you are comparing graphics/lighting from a static environment with graphics/lighting from a dynamic environment, you should probably just step back and have a think about it and what is involved with it.

With FFB, I'm much the same as Yololo. I just run it as is with an occasional tweak to the multi for certain cars and it works great. It's all opinions though, some cannot get to grips without having a huge/maximum spring force in the wheel.

8. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

There is a solution for this problem in rF2 already - the FFB filtering. It reduces such high frequency signals. I'm using it and have no reasons to complain on my G25.

Trust me - having separate FFB multipliers for various kinds of surfaces would introduce more side effects and problems than you can imagine.

9. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

It was just an example, not meant to have filtering or smoothing as a solution.

Simbin has proven it can work this sort of way, at least on the user end, with an ISI based engine :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  10. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm...

I think maybe "kicking" our ass would have sounded much better lol... :D

;)

11. Minibull

Minibull Member

Eww. Oh lawdy, ew. Why did you bring that to our attention...haha XD

12. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Jeez the guy has some valid wishes and immediately RF2 defence team strikes back.

He is not wishing for R3E ffb. He is wishing for the options to tweak the RF2 ffb like you can tweak the R3E ffb. Not that hard to understand really.

The part about info in setup screen is a very very good idea. They have that in AC and its very helpful for us lethals who do not know all about car setups. A big +1 for that.

13. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Nail on the head :)

14. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

If your FFB is a set of effects generated on different surfaces, then you can configure all those effects easily.

But if your FFB is generated directly by forces in tires, suspension and steering column, then you no longer have distinction between various surfaces in your FFB engine. You can no longer control various effects separately, because there are literally no effects in the FFB engine.

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Sorry... haha... couldn`t resist. :D

:p

16. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

There's a Can of effects that might do some of what you want.

"Rumble strip magnitude":0,
    "Rumble strip magnitude#":"How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.",
    "Rumble strip pull factor":0,
    "Rumble strip pull factor#":"How strongly wheel pulls right\/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.",
    "Rumble strip update thresh":0,
    "Rumble strip update thresh#":"Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)",
    "Rumble strip wave type":0,
    "Rumble strip wave type#":"Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.",

17. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Beware kaptainkremmen, some people are going to crap their pants :p