Better AUDIO in Tracks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M D Gourley, Jan 3, 2016.

1. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Hello everyone,
    sorry if this has already been covered...is there going to be any more development in improved Audio for the Tracks?...ATM I can not hear clearly, very faint or I can not hear it all, the rumble strips/Apex, Car bumping into another car and wall scuffs, going onto grass etc...BUT going onto gravel is way to loud. I have tried all the settings, Stereo, SRS, 4 Speaker, 5.1 Speaker etc etc and also adjusted my PC Audio Sound but nothing seems to change much.
    The engine sounds of your own car and opponents are great, just need those other Track ground sounds to be increased...or have more sliders to fine tune...just an inquiry :)

regards
    M D Gourley

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Is there a specific ISI track where this occurs or all of them? This is not a normal condition that you're experiencing.

3. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Thank you for showing some interest...for me it seems all of the Tracks...I have included a couple of You Tube videos to illustrate my view, on the 'Brookdale' video, skip forward to my demise at '3.43' where the impacts are only just noticeable and lack intensity and on the 'Jacksonville' skip forward to '5.03' and again just noticeable lacking intensity...I may be only nitpicking here...LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1-zF0s6-Fw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqiy8B7DCeg
    ...but having said that some more audio sound control sliders such as in the oppositions Sim R3E would be fantastic in rF2 :)

regards
    M D Gourley

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

A lot of the sounds are actually defined in the vehicle. Could you please share your rF2 audio slider settings? (just so we're clear what you're running)

5. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

here are my in-game audio settings...and I wear headphones only for listening. I have tried rF2 audio out on 3 separate pairs of headphones that I own and the sound problem is across the board (in all three). The Headsets are...
    1/ Asus Strix 7.1 True Surround Sound Headphones + Control Box Amp/Equalizer connected to PC via USB
    2/ Astro A40 Headphones + Mix Amp Pro connected to PC via Toslink Optical using motherboard Asus Realtech
    3/ Razer Tiamat 7.1 True Surround Headphones with it's own Amp Volume control connected to PC via USB
    I have tried adjusting the Player and opponent volume ratios and used to have them at around 100%...now that they have been reduced as shown in the attached visual I can hear the rumble strips a little better, but still faint, and grass audio a little better, but some impact audio is still weak like in the above Stockcar videos...but sometimes at particular spots on the track I will hear wall scrapes or hits and in other places nothing or not much at all.
    View attachment 18944

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  6. stonec

stonec Registered

Those effects you mention are basically pre-recorded canned samples, so they are the same for every track. Rather than tweaking the player/opponent sliders I would tune the engine and sound effects sliders. I guess all the mentioned sounds are controlled by the effects slider.

7. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Does rf 2 actually support real 5.1 sound? Would be great to hear other cars behind you.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Huh ?

I have Xi-Fi Titanium with faked Dolby Live for Gaming I hear cars behind me postioned within a few feet, I hear a cow moo at Spa I know exactly in which paddock it is, if I park in pits and sit in car lapping and blow my horn as they pass the pits I hear the noise fade away in distance behind their head. ?

If I put speakers behind my head I will hear cars there..... I cant I have no where to put them lol ;)

With headphones I hear the same.....I even hear the same with USB headphones, even hear cows moo behind me when parked.........

You can even use mouse move and as you rotate the sound changes.

Any car moves in my pits I know exactly where it comes from, next to me, 5 stalls up or right up the back of pits.

Trade that Realtek in. ;)

P.S.

I think this is the problem people have with Free Roam at Longford or Belgium ....... Realteks :)

So many people don't seem to hear where your engine or horn is coming from. ?

You can beep beep and they go in circles ...........then you say " Right" and they do it.

lool

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  9. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Hm....oki. maybe I habe to check my logitech speakers. I guess my Mainboard should be 5.1 ready. On other titles I can clearly hear 5.1. Thanks for replying.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Did you cycle all speakers settings in rF2 menu ?

Try headphones ( far left in menu) , closing my eyes I can tell the flags flutter above and behind my head at Belgium.

Then again I don't use onboard chipset.

All these Pro Gamers use 3rd party sound solutions, they do that for good reasons. ;)

11. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Thanks DD. I will try headphones.

12. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

I set it to 'Windows Settings' then it all came alive in my Asus Strix 7.1 True Surround Sound Headphones with great surround. The Asus Strix 7.1 runs off Windows Sound and in the Windows Sound Dialogue box I had set the Strix 7.1 up with 7.1 surround sound where I could click on the surround speaker viewing panel and activate each speaker individually...I now have better surround sound in rF2 where I can hear cars coming up from behind and passing to the side etc...BUT on the odd occasion when bumping into a car from behind or a wall I hear nothing...oh well I am happy with what i have anyway :D:):D

13. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Sorry guys, I hate to be so dense and beat this rear sound issue to death (see 7.1 sound thread) but if there is a way to get rear positional CAR sounds I want to figure out exactly what I have to buy to achieve it.

To start with, one thing really baffles me... How can you ever distinguish between front and rear sounds with headphones?

But headphone question aside, it has been said in various threads (and I agree based on my experience) that rF2 doesn't do positional front to back CAR sound placement at least using analog 5.1 soundcard output to 5.1 speakers.

But Durge, you are saying if I bought a card with Dolby Digital Live output (from a SPDIF jack?) and a proper digital speaker/amp system then I could distinguish cars to my rear? Is that what you mean by "faked Dolby Live for Gaming"? And what would be a minimum "proper" digital speaker/amp system? There must be some magical decoders needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  14. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yep would be interesting to hear. I've got a 5.1 sound system from logitech but I can't hear the cars from behind. They just appear in the front speakers. I haven't got a sound card yet, but a good Mainboard with 3 audio outputs.

15. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

I think durge is using some sort of stereo upmix like CMSS. Like I said in other threads, I've made tests with my front speakers muted. It was quite most of the time only reverberations could be heard.