SOLVED Better AI starts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stubrier123, Apr 28, 2017.

1. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Alright thanks MarcG. I did however find another possible cause as to why the AI are starting so slow. My theory suggests that its also the AI strength I have it set to roughly between 105% to 115% percent and there getting off the line more quicker then before.

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Usually there should be a "default" section in the rcd file, where parameter are defined, for driver, wich havn`t their own settings.

stubrier123 likes this.
  3. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Hi guys just thought I give an update on this thread on how the AI Starts are coming along. I.ve tested a few mods and here's the report.

F1 fanatic 2017 mod-Good Enough
    BTCC Mod-Excellent
    Formula ISI-Excellent
    GT3 World series mod-Needs improving
    Renault Clio cup car mod-Needs Improving

The mods that need improving however do eventually catch up to me giving me a good race overall but they start of the line very slowly. They were made by Simtek and the mods mentioned (Including the ones where they were good enough) don't seem to have talant files with them. I even checked the MAS files using Gmotor2 but there not there either.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  4. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Hey guys Its bean a few months but I had a look at one of the news articles on steam and it looks like studio 397 have released an update that improves AI starts back in June.

Interesting

Again sorry for late reply.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

They did? Nothing in the patch release notes unless you're referring to a specific car perhaps?

6. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

FR 3.5 2104 has this problem too,I can start at the back of a 24 car field of start 5th,I always get off the line and pass at least 3 -5 cars before turn one at zandvoort.
    Ai strength 108
    Aggression 84
    Ai limiter 34.
    I'm going to play around with the settings more as I have no clue how to changes files and repackage,will research how though and have some fun trying different settings.

The ai are truly amazing here already,yes they do some dumb stuff like,driving straight of the garage and into you on pit road etc,I'm having the best racing I've experienced so far,far better than racing humans on iracing for 2years

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Not sure about the FR 3.5, but with other Mod`s i`m allways fine with 100/25/2.

8. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

I was referring to the roadmap june 2017 update that studio 397 put out saying that they improved AI starts. I tested it again with two other mods and here are the results

Devbot Enterprises Super Formula V10 2017-Good enough
    MX5 Spec Miata 1.32 (Available on RaceDepartment)-Needs Improving

So its definitely to do with the mods not with the game itself

MarcG likes this.
  9. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

I was talking about the Formula ISI 2012 mod based on the F1 cars from the 2012 season I personally hadn't tried out the Formula Renault mod but I.ll give it a go and report back. :)

10. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Interesting I just tried the mod on the silverstone national circuit and they seem to be quick of the line for me.

What way do you start the race with the mod?
    Do you start in Neutral or in first gear with the clutch engaged?

Oh and the settings I used at the time were:

AI strength; 105
    Agression; 50
    Limiter: 0

11. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

I usualy make my own ai talent files bij creating virtual drives, then you can adjust every single ai you create, works great. And i can confirm that when you edit the strartskills, it wil effect the ai

12. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Interesting I was reading your forum post on another forum started by you after I read your post on this forum.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-for-1-car-with-different-talent-files.50498/
    But I couldn't find any talent files for any of the mods I have. There's a talent file for the skipbarber cars but not for any other mod. Even looking in the Gmotor2 program for RF2 I couldn't find any talent files.

So my questions for you is. (Some of them might be for another forum)
    1. How do I create a talent file?
    2. Whats a virtual drive and how does it work?
    3. How can I make a virtual drive?

13. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

IMG_0240.JPG IMG_0239.JPG IMG_0238.JPG IMG_0237.JPG The concept of creating a vitual ride is quite intereting. Because i like racing the ai, i find it very important that i can create my own talent files, so that for example Nick Tandy is faster then Cooper mc Neil when driving the same porsche. To do that i create virtual drives. I'll try to explane this with the URD EGT mod in mind. But it's the same for every mod.

I choose the Aston Martin as my car. I go to tuning. On the right down side of your screen you will see some buttons. One of them is called 'create dir'. Select this button, then prees reload, the car loads again. Then choose > in the button below create dir callled variants. When you choose > you will see ' alt' instead of the original car name.

Now press ' create new car/driver from current'.

You wil now see a box with 4 thinks to fill : driver name (Nick Tandy), team name (Mantay), Car description (URD Tandy) and car number (1001). Note that the car description is important. When you done with your first car/ driver, create a new one just like this with another car. Like Tracey Krohn. Name the car description fot this second car (URD Krohn). When you do it like this and you choose your oponents when starting a race weekend, you can easily choose them.

For now you can see your virtual drive in the select vehicle file, in this case " EGT, Porsche, URD Tandy. Select that car and then, you will see a button called ai edit. When you click that you will see al the things you can change according to the ai driver you just created. When you are done, click accept and you are ready

Repeat this proces for your next car/driver you want to create. I have als posted some images. Start with the last one and end with first one

When you are done creating al yout virtual drives, go to a race weeken, choose your car and yout oponents. When you've selected you opponents using the opponent filter, scroll down in the opponets list. You wil see al your virtual drives/ai. Important: choose 0 ai drivers to load. This will only load your car at the circuit, then press at ai and handpick yout own virtual drives/ai, so only they loaded and no cars with no talent files.

One more thing. The game does'nt like double things, like double names orr teamnames or numbers, so be creative, otherwise it won't work. To see if all you talent files work, go racing. If Tandy still is not fast enough, choose that car again when starting the game and simply click on ai edit again. It can be changed everytime you want to.

Happy racing

Emery likes this.
  14. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

This seems helpful I.ll definitely give this a try and I.ll let you know how well I got on. :)

15. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I used to be angry about some rF2 AI issues but believe me after try pCars 2 offline races I respect more and more the rF2 staff's work on AI. I can deal with bad starts since they race as a rational animal after few seconds. AC and PC2 are in stone age on this regard.

alpha-bravo and Emery like this.
  16. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Yeah the first time I played Assetto corsa I loved it to bits until I noticed a few things about the AI. They race each other in the first few corners but then they start playing follow the leader for the rest of the race. Project Cars [1] AI is not afraid to put a fight but there are times where they cut corners or blindly crash into you. (I don't know if the sequel pCars 2 is the same) RF2 on the other hand its AI is not perfect there are a few flaws here and there but at least you can customize them to suit them to the player's standards to get very exciting races out of them. :)

17. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Hey man I created some virtual drivers and I can see a tiny Improvement in them but now there's a new problem when I select my virtual driver (In this Kenji Osaka is one of the virtual drivers) He loads up no problem but when I select another one of my virtual drivers, a driver that is not a virtual driver of mine (Darcy Starr) loads in using the exact same car as Kenji. Can this be fixed?

I.ll leave some photos in so you know what I mean
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2017.10.12 - 22.24.53.50.png rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2017.10.12 - 22.24.57.43.png rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2017.10.12 - 22.25.01.50.png rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2017.10.12 - 22.25.07.68.png rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2017.10.12 - 22.25.16.61.png rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2017.10.12 - 22.25.22.73.png rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2017.10.12 - 22.25.36.30.png rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2017.10.12 - 22.25.41.03.png

18. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

We just need to have them programmed so they drop the clutch while revving it. What I'll do is just not spin the tires and start like the other ones do...not as much fun as going all out drag style but after a second it's all good.

stubrier123 likes this.
  19. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Hmm not sure here, did you create virtual drives for different cars, or just for one? You can just have one virtual drive for one skin or car. So the next virtual drive you must create for another car, so in your case: you made a virtual drive for car 31, then go to the next one (car 32) and repeat the proces. The point is that you must rename your car discription. It must not be Maza spec miata in yot case, but for ex. Mazda (created virtual driver name), like Mazda Nick Tandy. This name will show up in your oponent files. When you load up for yout race weekend, you select the mazda as opononts, strat up with 0 oponents. At the track only your name/car will load up, but hen you handpick only your created virtual drives from the opponents list. Hope this helps

20. stubrier123

stubrier123 Registered

Okay I may have gone wrong somewhere here but what I did was I went to mazda car 10 and followed the instructions and named him Aron o'brien then I went to car 7, followed your instructions and named the driver Francesco Truli.