SOLVED Beta UI stops Gsync from working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by benkay, Feb 3, 2020.

1. benkay

benkay Registered

If I run the beta UI, then I cannot get Gsync to activate (running Nvidia surround triples, gsync turned on for fullscreen and windowed apps).

Rf2 is running in borderless mode.

Swapping back to the old UI revives gsync, and swapping between the two UIs means gsync works, or doesn't work, repeatedly.

Are other people experiencing the same?

2. halfwit

halfwit Registered

Not been using the beta but version 1117.I had a lack of g sync on several occasions even when it was showing in the control panel.
    Reinstalling the N Videa drivers seemed to do the trick.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

How does one know Gsync has stopped? I have the AMD version, Freesync, and unless I look at a windows driver, I don't notice it's operation. I'm not questioning this is happening, just want to know if Freesync suffers from the same issue. Thanks.

4. halfwit

halfwit Registered

In nvidea control panel on the top left under display is g sync indicator.I tick this and it will show g sync in the game, that's how I normally know it's working.Sorry do not know if AMD has the same indicator in it's control panel.

davehenrie likes this.
  5. benkay

benkay Registered

As halfwit says, you can turn on the gsync indicator in control panel....or, as I do, my monitor built-in OSD has a refresh rate overlay...I turn that on so I have a constant read out of monitor refresh rate in the top right corner of my right-hand monitor.

If that read-out is varying, then I know g-sync is working, if it's static at max refresh rate (165hz) then I know it's not working.

I've tried a full driver wipe and re-install with no effect.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  6. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

How do I tell if g-sync is working/on? I don't get a message (G-sync is on), but I do get a plug symbol show up when I start a race, practice session.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The two posts above yours describe how. The plug icon in the game just means you have a plugin running in rF2, not related.

8. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Thanks Lazza. I thought I had done all of the above, but I missed a check mark. All is good now.

9. benkay

benkay Registered

So I figured it out (at least in my case).

My new motherboard dame with ASUS AiSuite III software. This places a little widget on the desktop to click on to control fan speed profiles etc.

this seems to be preventing gsync from identifying RF2 running in windowed or borderless mode.

exiting the AISuite software fixes it for me.

Every other game I play in windowed/borderless seems to cope with AISuite running so not sure what it is about RF2 specifically, but at least I know how to fix it now.