Beta - no Vsync and shadow issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by FuzzyFassbender, May 1, 2017.

1. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

Before I ran today's beta I disabled all plugins (except for Steam) and deleted all of the files in the "CBash" and "Shaders" folders. No problems running rF2 and FPS seems fine but I can't enable VSync (not smooth on my monitor without) either from the rF2 control panel or NVidia Inspector. In addition, I've only tried Silverstone and NOLA but I'm getting strange shadows (flickering, large exaggerated) and large patches of dark/light alternating around the car as I drive the track. I've tried OFF, HIGH, and ULTRA post processing and shadows on HIGH and MAX, same result.

2. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

Same here, no G-sync.

I tried disabling it and enabling it again on the Nvidia panel, didn't work. It was working fine on DX9.

I'm running a GTX 1070 with the latest Nvidia drivers (381.89) in Windows 10.

I'm not running any screen capture or recording software, just Steam.

3. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

I think I found a workaround for my G-Sync issues, I have to enable it for full screen and ALSO for windowed mode in the Nvidia control panel, even tho I'm using full screen mode. If I enable it only for full screen mode it doesn't work.

4. FuzzyFassbender

Hmm, I've never seen a windowed or full screen setting in the NVidia control panel.

5. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

This is how I set it up, with Nvidia driver 378.92:
    upload_2017-5-1_19-35-10.png

FuzzyFassbender likes this.
  6. CamiloNino

CamiloNino Registered

I just found out that at least in my system, the game never really runs in full screen mode. If I set the resolution lower, it just runs smaller, with the windows task bar visible. This might explain why I have to enable G-sync in windowed mode to get it to work.

7. FuzzyFassbender

BTW, I found the answer to my shadow issues. I deleted all of the files in the CBASH and Shaders folders before running the beta for the first time but the newly created files were the problem. Deleted those and now the shadows are fine. Actually looking and running pretty good. 95 FPS at race start from position 24 at Silverstone.

8. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

I can confirm the above post reports, G-sync only works when have enabled it for full screen and ALSO for windowed mode in the Nvidia control panel.

PACO