Beta builds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TJones, Jul 19, 2016.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

Hi, i recently checked "beta" build under Steam. There is still a pretty old version (1074 i think) available.
    Are there any plans to release beta builds in the future, if so, is any feedback wished and where to send?

Could you (ISI) include the build number in the list?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There were some test/beta versions released in the past, and they had a beta section on this forum for reporting issues etc. That was many builds ago, I guess they found it wasn't worthwhile. They do have a 'team' of beta testers, not sure if they're taking more members or how to apply.

The beta tab on steam is now useful for those needing to run an older build. Some leagues/series wait before updating in case the new build has issues that would impact their racing (has happened in the past).

3. TJones

TJones Registered

I mean that single entry called "beta", the other's are necessary, no doubt.
    I think they should add the build number to that entry, like "beta v1074" or remove it completely to avoid confusion.

Look's like there's no interest to test beta-versions anyway, so no need for ISI to invest much time in this direction.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, yep, I see what you mean now. Just took me 10 mins to find it... still getting used to steam lol

And I didn't look properly at who you were - you obviously know all about the test versions and forum etc. :eek:

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Interesting...if i remember right, it was one of ISI`s arguments and highlighted benefits, to get beta builds, when converting rF2 to steam :mad:

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Might be a different thing, but I saw people were worried they wouldn't be able to run an older build (because Steam would auto update), but it was said we'd be able to select old versions via the beta feature, as we can. I'm not sure what was implied regarding access to actual (new) beta builds.

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Yep, thats a different story/case...but it was in the same context, if i remind right.