Best wheel + pedals + shifter combo for $1000/1000€

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Igor, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Igor

Igor Registered

Hello,

I had my Thrustmaster T300 RS broken for quite a long time. All this months I have been using my old Logitecho Momo Racing...
    To write the truth, it really sucks... I only enjoy driving karting from KartSim in rfactor2...

I am looking to spend less than $1000/1000€, I enjoy mostly driving street cars, that in rfactor 2 would be Honda NSX, Chevrolet Corvette, a little bit of Panoz... hardly ever I go with karting, Gt3, and LMP2 (oreca). The games I use are: rfactor2, Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competiziones, Dirt Rally 2.0 and rarely RaceRoom racing. Others are not worth mentioning because I do not have time to spend.

My favourite circuits are in rfactor2: Barcelona-Montmelo GP (I have not found the perfect version, I have the Ferrari Challenge, the Assetto Corsa conversion and 2 or 3 more that leave a lot to desire), Nordschleife (official from studio 397), Circuit de La Sarthe (official from studio 397).

Because I do love street cars, and because hardly ever I use Dirt Rally 2.0 I believe I NEED 1080º wheel rotation (my last thrustmaster T300 did have that), I need 3 pedals and I need manual shifter with at least 6 gears (6 + reverse would be nice also), and if I could arrive to buy a handbrake to complete my setup it would be lovely.
    My PC is working fine (1660 super OC as video card, i7, 16 gb ram)... it does the job and I am looking for driving experience not graphics... I do not have SSD (I use 1 TB hard drive... so maybe I should make an upgrade here), monitor Benq 24" i think.

So, I am all open for suggestions... I do not have any base or racing seat (I attach everything on my desk and race with a metal/wooden chair), but with my limited budget I think I could not afford any of those.

I was thinking in Thrustmaster T300 RS GT edition (it would give me a wheel and not so decent 3 pedals t3pa) + Thrustmaster T8HA shifter + Fanatec Clubsport HandBrake 1.5 (plus all the adaptors for the connection to the Thrustmaster T300 that cost a lot of money)

Thank you for reading