Best realistic cars ONLY in terms of physics and FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dadaboomda, Aug 22, 2017.

1. fullsus

fullsus Registered

2 years Before playing rf2 . I drove Go kart real life. result was:

Driving the wrong line.
    When the car began to oversteer that I don't know what it is to be effective .Result is Go kart spin everytime when it start to oversteer.

Can't full throttle long straight line because of bad braking technic . If Apply brake pedal fully, then at the end of straight line the car will unstable and feel to spin. I don't know about threadhold breaking.

Cornering speeds are very slow. If the car is too fast to go in turn it will out of track.

Exit corner very slowly. If I apply throttle the car will spin. I don't know why.

I wanted to try Drift similar on youtube but I do not know How to do like that.

===============================================
    After training rf2 mainly with skip baber -> BT20 -> NSX play about two years.
    And many many advise from you in the rf2 forum :)

Before I drive real life I training Go kart jr. in rf2 for 2 weeks.
    Now It's Time to drive Real life Go kart 220cc. four stroke engine.

The result of training with rf2 then drive Go kart real life is.

- Don't fear to Full throttle compared to the event before practice rf2.
    - Apply threshold braking method from rf2. Feel comfort to do like in rf2.
    - Can cornering at higher speeds than ever before because of knowing the speed that not produce understeer learn from rf2. And I can use trail braking that practice from rf2.
    - Apply throttle out of corners with confidence that I can control the oversteer that may be happen.

In the last 3 lap, try to drift like in rf2. (Tuesday Afternoon not weekend so I'm only one on the track)
    The result is unbelievable that go kart real life easier to Drift compare to rf2 .

rf2 I must counter steer very quick. But in real life, I feel that I had a bit more time to counter steer.
    I feel car recovery from oversteer slower than in rf2 that make me to easy to manage than rf2.
    May be Go kart real life 220cc 4-stroke engine has less power ? I don't know.

I can apply the same method from rf2 to drift in real life. I have just power-oversteer when exit turn. 2 years before rf2 I don't think I can do like these !! My dream come true!

Motorsport is very expensive in my country.
    Go kart 8 min cost equal food 3-4 days!!! rF2 save my money a lot .

and rFactor 2 help me to improve driving skill a lot too :)

=========================================

1 Mar 2016 I drove Go kart 2 places.
    1st 220 cc. 4-stoke engine indoor track.
    2nd 270 cc. 4-stoke engine outdoor track.

Let me show you Lap times :
    Best lap time at indoor track.

Joe London 26.8
    fullsus 30.924 <== Me
    Ang wis 42.576
    Kenny 43.237
    Yuonne 45.951

I raced with only Joe London. Other person finished race before me to walk in.

After end of race staff ask me "This is your first time with this track really"
    He surprise about my lap time.
    I said "Yes. I don't drive go kart for 2 year ago. But I play sim rf2 almost everyday"

You can see real life Alien laptime "Joe London". Staff told me He play almost everyday.
    But another driver is the normally like me that drive this track first time.

I think the big difference time between me and other normally driver is:

1) Loss control: Staff told me last night they change new track layout so track surface not completely clean. Track less grip and easy to spin.

2) Fear factor: Very narrow indoor track and if you loss control you will hit the wall or pole at every turn. They fear to get to injure. If you ask me why I don't fear. No First few lap My fear factor =100% see my First few lap time 39->35 sec.

After First few lap pass when I start to loss control I can manage that just like in rf2 !!! So my fear factor reduce to may be 20%.

3) I sure 100% other driver don't training with sim before.

This is my training with rF2.

After training drift in rF2, then I can drift in real life immediately at my first time attempt!!! (I wear yellow helmet at front )

vegaguy5555, mesfigas and bwana like this.
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

That's a key thing a lot of people do not believe,that in real life,saving a slide or drifting is easier than they can comprehend.
    All sims you have to be quicker to counter steer so they have it their heads that's how it is in real life,but in real life there's a lot more progression between grip and no grip,ilunlike some sims which have grip like an on off switch.
    Power sliding and drifting is can be done in leisurely time,but sim racers think that's too easy so it's not realistic.

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The only time I drove these go karts were not a problem for me because of sims. There were 2 girls being moving chicanes there and I used sim racing "feeling" to go around them on corners flat out, just trusting the grip. Scaring them was fun.

4. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Altaught I have zero expecience driving the cars I have in rF2, I have to admit it was very easy to handle Toyota Supra Twin turbo (around 90's car.. not sure) while drifting in parking lot. Yeah of course it would be different in real track, but have to admit that in rF2 its never so easy.
    Of course the car could have been just adjusted very carefully for noob like me :)

5. Filip

Filip Registered

Now you can try Supra in rF2 :)
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/supra-drift-v0-8.54856/

Korva7 likes this.
  6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

GP3 Series 2018

DrivingFast, Daniel Surace and bwana like this.
  7. TheDog6

TheDog6 Registered

As long as it does not sell, I think we can forget about realism in this and any other so called "sims".

8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

9. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

What do you mean? Low sales of rF2 or that realism doesn't sell in comparison to i.e. graphics?

10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

so basically your saying project cars 2 got it right ?! lol

i joke! but does make you think....

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  11. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I would say rF2 got it right. This is the thing I like about rF2 - better transitions between grip and losing traction. Car's may slide a lot but the slides are easier to control than for instance in Assetto Corsa. In AC you mostly have good grip but then at some point it snap oversteers and then you totally can't control it. Of course in rFactor 2 cars also snap oversteer. It's especially common when braking hard(which BTW doesn't happen in AC - you only get understeer) But you are more likely to control a car when traction is lost than in AC.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  12. bwana

bwana Registered

? . You do know realism can be achieved without licenses don’t you ? Ie the free GP3, Palatov, etc

13. patchedupdemon

All i can go by is my limited drifting experience in my own cars I’ve had,basically after initialising the drift,they can be controlled with brake and accelerator,transitioning effortlessly with the car doing the steering itself,it can be a very leisurely relaxing day experience once you zone in.

Granted you have to have a car with enough power to do this and my cars have never had slicks on them,but I always find in most sims the grip changes are too on off/ instantaneous,but rf2 has the most progressive behaviour in that respect.
    I’ve never tried to drift on pc2 so can’t comment on that

I think in rf2 that the tyre acts the best with the different grip state transitions,but I also think that one thing that could be improved is the weight shift,and how that effects the grip.

But then again like I said I’ve never tried to drift with slick tyres so I can see why the grip transition may be a bit more abrupt

LokiD and avenger82 like this.
  14. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Actually my opinion was that drifting was a weak point in rF2. It seems too difficult to hold drift and this indicates something is wrong with tire model/physics when going over the limit. Granted I don't have handbrake in my rig and what's more important never drifted IRL. But then I saw this guy:

I don't know how he does it but apparently it's quite possible with some mods with enough(a lot of) skill.

15. patchedupdemon

check this video out of rastas mods drifting his nissan mod,this is proper drifting in rf2,that guy on the nords has great car control but he powersliding more than drifting

Obviously he’s modded the tyres but don’t be fooled,he makes it look easy and that car isn’t really easy to drift like he does it,his supra mod is easier to drift imho.

I found the official cobra in rf2 easiest to drift,that car can hold good angles,the rf2 official race cars aren’t obviously built to drift so it’s not that easy or even possible with some,which is correct due to slicks and stiffness of the cars etc

Infact the cobra is the only official car I can drift in rf2 now I think of it,they can all powerslide but drifting is different

I can’t give rasta enough props,his transitions are seemless and he nails the lines and apex’s,great show of skill in that video

We haven’t got the perfect sim yet,but rf2 is the closest imho when physics are considered.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  16. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

For me the best in RF2 for drifting with good physics :
    C6 ZR1 + Dallas Karting Complex.
    This track is perfect to drift.

With an AWD, I recommend the Peugeot S2000 Slow Motion, but it takes a lot more power : if someone is interested, I modified it (customizable power, I lead to about 950 hp, Torque split and rears customizable).

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  17. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Well I couldn't drift C6 ZR1, but I gave up quickly because it seemed impossible to me:) Maybe I'll practice more on Dallas Karting Complex that you recommended.
    I like driving C6R GT2 - it feels realistic and handles great driving on the limit. Better transitions between grip and losing traction than GT cars in other sims.

Regarding main thread: what do you guys think about physics realism/accuracy of Enduracers' mods like Flat6 Series 4.0 or Endurance Series 2.0 cars?

In general

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  18. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The fact that it's a complete mod is just awesome.
    Graphics/sounds are fine to me.

The physics / FFB are improved since the previous version.

Nevertheless I always compare to what I know best in equivalent mods.
    I think that the points of comparison are sufficiently important between the GTE and the GT3 to compare IN A SIMULATION.

My main comparison is with the S397 GT3.
    For me, the Enduracer mod's GTEs lack depth in the physics, despite the progress compared to the old version.

In other words, I use just a little the mod despite the huge potential.
    Just my own opinion.

For me, the ISI and S397 modders are the best modders of RF2, even if the ISI content is a little more variable in terms of quality.
    Which does not mean that the other modders are bad, EVIDELY.

19. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I don’t have GT3 Power Pack DLC but Actually ISI Camaro GT3 doesn’t handle very realistic to me. It’s not bad either, but it slides too much in comparison to other mods or even GT3 cars in other sims. C6R GT2 has more grip and IMHO handles more realistically.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  20. Louis

Louis Registered

Drifting and catching slides should be easier irl than a realistic sim because in real life you got all that sim can offer plus gforces and not only steering wheel ffb

avenger82 and DrivingFast like this.