Best "F1 2017" mod at present?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by BobDobbs, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milopapa

Milopapa Registered

I don't understand your hostility. The guy came in doing a review of mods which is very relevant to the topic and I, for one, am grateful for his efforts. He didn't say AC is better or not, he simply stated his impressions about how each car felt driving.

ceecee, muz_j, Guimengo and 1 other person like this.
  2. FictionalCharacter

FictionalCharacter Registered

Hey, all. Brand new here after grabbing RF2 on sale and picking up a T150.

I've tried out a couple of the F1 mods (notably F1 Fanatic and the SRH mod), and like them well enough for now. I can stick with the Marussia if I want to feel really out of my depth...

Stupid question: I assume there's no difference in performance selecting a different team/driver within these mods? For instance, I'm assuming the SRH Sauber is functionally identical to the SRH Ferrari, and the only difference is cosmetic. Am I on the right track?

3. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Personally I'm not sure and haven't done a comparison.
    There's nothing to prevent the creators from using different performance data for each car, but I'm unsure how many of them actually do that.
    I think it would be possible to examine the performance data by extracting the contents from the MAS archive files.
    That's something I've meant to have a look at myself.
    Refer to this conversation on that topic: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/mas-file-extractor-rfcmp-installer.53956/

...perhaps someone more informed will come along and clarify...

4. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

I'd think twice before going on race with a MacLaren though :p heheheheheh

muz_j likes this.
  5. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

the consensus best F1 2017 mod is ?

6. doberk

doberk Registered

Based on amarildo's review, I would say the best F1 2017 mod is one composition using ACFL models (he said ASR cars and textures are good, and some people said models are realistic for each team, and not a generic model for all teams. But it is a rip from ACFL 2017), OW 2017 physics and F1 Fanatic sounds :)

anyway, I will test all of them myself, because the three seem the best F1 2017 mods for RF2 right now.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    The Iron Wolf likes this.
  7. Amanda Santini

I downloaded OW 2017 v1.3 and to me it's the overall best package. I was able to achieve very close to RL times: 1:42:5 on SPA.
    It's not overpowered, it handles great, and I don't mind the low quality textures when I'm actually driving.

The only problem is the sound. I wish I knew how to use other sounds with this car.

The ASR car feels too slippery and overpowered in version 2.2.

8. doberk

doberk Registered

Where can we download OW 2017 1.3?

9. Amanda Santini

Cote Dazur and doberk like this.
  10. doberk

doberk Registered

Amanda Santini likes this.
  11. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

My PB at Singapore.

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

13. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

Guys.
    Does anyone know of a good F1 2004-6 and 1994 mod(s)?

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  14. Amanda Santini

I did a comparison between the OWF12017 and the real F1 car, as shown bellow.
    But use his mod version 1.41, because 1.5 is bugged.
    I'm trying to get a hold of 1.41 link, but the author keeps changing his thread and so there's only version 1.5 there now :p
    When I get the link I'll send a PM to anyone who gives this post a like, so that I know somebody would like the link.

Ho3n3r likes this.
  15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

FSR 2017 is available on the workshop, it is used by a high level league for their championship, so the physics should be good enough. uninstall FSR 2016 if you have it installed, to avoid conflicts (mix of cars and graphical problems).

Cheers.

16. rigodon

rigodon Registered

Hi everybody, I'd like to share our league mod with all of you. It's "F1 2017 style", but actually designed to be more funny than realistic. It has fictitious teams we use for our league. 3D model has been taken from DESF V10 mod with permission from original author. Car has 6 engine boost levels, the highest one only for qualifying and maybe some specific moments in race.

Download link for car: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nrdl/co/FNRD2017_1.11.rfcmp
    Download link for sounds: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nrdl/o/son_nrd_2016_1.11.rfcmp

I'd be very grateful if you drive it and give me your opinions, keeping in mind physics where designed more for a funny competition and not maximum realism.

17. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

So no good mod(s) for these eras in rF2 I guess?

18. darcidm

darcidm Registered

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3bcp13e1ehj3he3/RF2+OW+Formula+1+2017+v.1.41.rar

Amanda Santini and Filip like this.
  19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

there's also ACFL payware mod available. It is not as good as OW in physics, unoptimized (kills FPS), and I think it uses league physics, so Sauber and McLaren are leading :) but is the only one that has DRS light working in DX11.

rubennaatje likes this.
  20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

That one was officially ported by Apex and the only of the current crop of legal mods that I've driven, and I did enjoy it. I don't know if they have a demo though, but for offline experience it wouldn't do it since it's a league version. I don't like league editions and believe the cars should be assigned by skill and adjusted with weight penalties, but I'm the very diminutive minority.

rubennaatje likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.