Bentley 2020 and Ferrari 488 GT3 FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dean Hayes, Oct 3, 2020.

1. EricW

EricW Registered

Not really imo.
    A 20 Nm DD wheel can put out a high FFB force without clipping and you only increase the overall output in Nm.
    So the softer feeling on curbs and bumps and lower output around centre are still there.
    All forces go up equally.

2. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Well, it doesn't solve it but I know that if I raise it up I get better results with a TS XW, so doubt it will not happen with a DD.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You talked about dampened FFB. That will still happen with DD (older cars will feel more raw, assuming what's being talked about is correct).

4. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Well, it feels more dampened to me, but since a belt driven wheel has more dampening in it naturally, I assume raising forces helps, not only on those. Well, can only talk about the wheels I owned.

5. EricW

EricW Registered

I owned a lot of different wheels over the years, mainly logitech and Thrustmaster.
    And when you raise the FFB gain on those motors they start clipping.
    The clipping or flattening of the signal above or below 100/-100 can be interpreted as more detail or a certain roughness, but it is actually spiking or distortions of the signal.
    At least that is my view of it, maybe I'm wrong.
    Maybe Lazza can give a more accurate explanation, he knows a lot of the specifics.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  6. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Reviving this thread

I have used both cars over the weekend very intensively and I love the Bentley FFB much better than the Ferrari to be honest

the 488 lacks of details and feels in slow corners so understeer perception is not there

at least that’s my experience still today with my TS PC wheel

thoughts

Ps the sound in the Bentley is great too!