Being booted from competition server

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mikołaj Malicki, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Mikołaj Malicki

Mikołaj Malicki Registered

Hi guys,
    As in the title, I'm being booted from competition server(s397 official server) with message from link. I've tried tried different cars, checking integrity of game files, redownloading dlcs, trying to join with different plugins, different cars, changing my name in player.json and rFactor.name as on the forum my name is written with " ł " and in rf with " l "(during WFG2 I didn't have a problem with joining server), I've tried joining with "stable" version and with beta and the last post I can find about being booted from server is from 2017 and have different "massage". I can join as spectator without problems, but as a driver I'm getting booted instantly. Honestly I don't have any more ideas. I've tried to contact staff but they didn't write me back yet, so I'm asking you guys for help, any of you had similar issues?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  2. Mikołaj Malicki

3. Mikołaj Malicki

4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

How, what was the fix?

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Brown paper bag! ;)

JimmyT likes this.
  6. Mikołaj Malicki

Basically I've done same thing 2nd time, I delayed all GT3 cars from workshop/some random numbers(rfactors WS content) and from installed. I downloaded them again, but when joining vir game started showing me error, something about lights/shadows, so I've done same thing with reiza dlc. The weird thing is that it didn't work for the first time.

7. Mikołaj Malicki

It's not solved at all, every time I have to delate at least cars files from installed folder and it's not consistent.

8. Make sure you enable the steam plugin, it looks like its not enabled - or is present in the bin files. The competition server boots you because it cant recognize you

9. Mikołaj Malicki

At least from what I've observed it has nothing to do with plugins. Today after reinstaling 2times content needed on server I joined and spend 2h without problems, but I've seen two other guys beeing booted with same message. I'll be tsting it again tommorow so I'll let you know if i'll find something.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  10. Which is probably the steam plugin, i suggest you just have a look if it is enable (it should be)

11. Mikołaj Malicki

It is, it was one of first things I was testing and what I meant by saying content needed on server I'm talking about track and cars. I'll be testing it again tommorow, so I'll let you know if i'll find something.