Bathurst 2020 Group C demo's

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by muz_j, Dec 16, 2019.

1. muz_j

muz_j Registered

This has been recently announced, but I am posting some info here for anyone else who enjoys Group C racing and cars.
    In short - the organisers have confirmed that Group C cars will be putting on 3 demo sessions, during the Bathurst 1000 2020 event. The schedule is listed in the link below.
    Obviously I do not know how much of the Group C demo's will be included in TV / online coverage, but given the amount of people who will be taking phones and cameras, I'm sure some of it will get shown on TV and online.
    My only complaint is 40 mins of Group C cars is not enough Group C for my liking. What I would like to see in 2021 perhaps, is the Group C racers putting on a proper, longer race - say a 1 hour race, so they can get in a good 25 to 30 laps or something like that, but I'll take 40 mins as a good start.

https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/n...-group-c-joins-12-hour-track-program-in-2020/

philmcqueen likes this.
  2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Get rid of the Super"bad"Utes, the only time that type of vehicle should on a race track is when the track marshals drive them under flagged conditions.

3. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

Group C on Bathurst track....My god !!

jayarrbee36 and muz_j like this.
  4. muz_j

muz_j Registered

They should all look and sound amazing - especially over the top of the mountain section.
    It'll be curious to see what sort of lap times they do in a demo scenario too.
    Jensen Button has the unofficial lap record from his F1 demo (1:48.8 in a McLaren-Mercedes MP4-23), but my guess is if they're driven in anger, they should get very close to matching the official lap record (Christopher Mies, 1:59.291, in a GT3-spec Audi R8 Ultra). I'm pretty sure I do 2 minutes flat around there in racing sim's and I'm not the best driver by any measure.
    Regardless more Group C exposure is a great thing in my book. I love watching them in classic racing online.

philmcqueen likes this.