Bathurst 2014

Discussion in 'Locations' started by rocky289, Apr 18, 2018.

1. rocky289

rocky289 Registered

Why does the AI attack me from the rear at Skyline?
    Using Aussie Legends with the 1972 field or Touring Car Revival with 1988 field.
    I've tried various aggression settings but unless I slow them right down & get a good lead they catch me & put me in the wall.
    There are a few other areas where they can be overly aggressive but Skyline seems to be the worst.

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Might be a mod issue. I've never been punted in a 2016 V8 Supercar going through there or a GT.

3. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I think it still uses the old rf1 aiw file.
    Why are you using that track and not the 3PA or the 2016? The 2016 is the 3PA with 2016 sponsors.

AMillward likes this.
  4. rocky289

rocky289 Registered

Thanks I thought I had the latest one.

5. rocky289

rocky289 Registered

I am now using Bathurst 2016 v2.0
    The AI do seem to be better behaved.
    Have only tried Aussie Legends so far.
    I was using 3PA Bathurst 2014 v1.02 as it was available through steam & was updated 22 Dec 2017

6. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

The aiw file for both those tracks should be the same. I have found that if you get off line even a small amount from skyline to the dipper, the AI will have a go at passing (in the mods that I normally use for that track). If you are right on their tail through the same section of track they'll use a blocking move that invariably puts their nose into the wall and they will take you out as they spin / bounce out. (up to about 105% skill level (I can't compete above that level, :( fail))
    I have learned the limit of how close I can get without this happening, but they are fairly quick over the top of skyline and will divebomb you from behind if they get a line on you.
    I typically drive AMGT3, FVRV8, Radical SR3 and USF 2000 on this circuit and find the USF are the most aggressive of them in this section of track. I have driven the Aussie Legends there but haven't raced them as such.
    Another section of the track where the AI will have a fair crack at you is coming into the chase. If you leave a slight opening coming into the right hand start of the chase they divebomb you here, you need to make your car as wide as possible or don't slow down. :p
    This may only be a perception of what is happening as these are the two weakest points of my laps at Bathurst, but I feel reasonably confident that they are the AI's tactics.
    Hope this helps you. :)

7. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Put the difficulty above about 90% on the FV8s and they lap in 2:01. That's GT pace, although I lap in GTs SLOWER than the V8s.

I race at about 70% aggression with the V8s and they behave themselves just fin.

JimmyT likes this.
  8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

OK Thanks.
    I've got them lapping at about 2:05 as that's as quick as I can get but I have the aggression way down on your figure so I will bump it and see how I go.
    The GT3 cars I have at about 102% and they are lapping at around the 2:05 2:06 mark which again is about as good as I can do with any consistency.

9. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Fastest lap in the 12hr this year was a 2:01.9 by Chaz Mostert on lap 7, apparently.

But yeah, I can do high 5s low 6s in a V8 in a race, but it destroys the tyres too much to do it every lap, especially if you're doing a 1000 style race