[WIP] Bathurst 2014

Discussion in 'Locations' started by INTEL48, Feb 19, 2014.

1. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

back to topic please

2. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Take your time intel, Will be a great addition to the sim. Hopefully not 6 London buses wide going over the top like the shift one lol

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

A few people on this forum can only write posts that come across as downright rude; no matter their intentions.
    Many are partly excused because English isn't their first language. Others aren't excused at all...

INTEL just ignore those posts and keep at this track.

I'm sure it'll be a piece of art and I can't wait to see it

4. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Thanks for bringing this track. It will be a lot of work, so I wish you good luck with this project.

On the subject of legality - I suggest you change the name of the track and fiddle with some details like sponsor logos or some characteristic elements. Just keep the race surface true.
    Bathrust has very high licensing prices, so I wouldn't be surprised if other game developers, who paid big bucks for Bathrust license, would report your project to have it shut down.

It happened before and may happen again - especially if you do a quality work. I think it's best to stay on the safe side.

PS. I dedicate my post to those, who are still learning proper constructive criticism :p

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If you add him to YOUR ignore list, you don't need to read anything he ever posts. I am not sure why you haven't done this?

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That is some sound advice. Didn't know there was such a feature on here. Very, very useful.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You banned me for saying idiots don't forget and worse was said on the preceding page.

hehehe ;) <<< its was a joke. .......Seriously I do not even know how you take things anymore. :(

I just commented how one person in the rally thread gets thanked for pointing out a rip while all I get is grief. ?

The post above was about a honest heartfelt response you get from me, suggesting I actually like some of his work, and I would like him to continue and even saying I would back him up in the future if the shoe was on the other foot.

You can't get blood from a stone.

And all he has to say is "OT" and let others keep the OT but out of the the recent posts I will be blamed.

If anyone thinks saying things like " me might think about getting authors permission before he posts things " is not

Well you lost me.........

8. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

back to topic please...........

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh christ, so much nonsense... Please!

INTEL, how's progress with this awesome track so far? I'm very excited about it. :)

10. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Hi INTEL48
    I see you import the elevation data to BTB maybe by CSV or kml files?
    Why you don't try create this track in 3dsMAX?

With my tools you can import your data and can also import satellite images with precision and resolution.
    This will assist you in building the circuit with better accuracy.
    I can give a little help in the beginning not to be discouraged.

Edit:
    Besides almost sure you'll get more help from the community.

11. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Mario Morais, making rF2 better.

12. RJames

RJames Registered

What's the cost of your scripts? do they work with 2014? -- I use bob's like intel as it's extremely quick to get the track data with heights together.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Just want to say thanks so much for your passionate work.

14. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

ISI plugins only work in 3ds MAX 2009/2010/20011/2012 32 bits version so all this version are supported.

15. Popeye

Popeye Registered

Lovely job. Cant wait to see it done.

16. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

I have max 10 and 12, what files do I need, I have plugins for max 10, would like to learn to do complete track in max, can you post some links up for me, and either a youtube guide or instructions, please

17. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

18. Radar

Radar Registered

If you can get away from BTB and learn Max then as Mario said, you will get more help.

What you can do in BTB you can do in Max but with much much more accuracy (limited to your imagination), and with a track like Bathurst you will want to respect this as much as possible. The critique on such a track if not done right will not surprise me. Lets hope you don't and you release something that everybody is happy with.

I support Mario's scripts and I can show you 3 examples of tracks that I've started creating using his scripts on and one project I'm working on at the moment is 0.01 km of the actual track distance, not bad for an accurate representation of a track. I wasn't aiming to get this close, was thinking 0.5 of a km would be nice but to get 0.01 was just awesome. The other two I got under 0.5.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
  19. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

radar , I would like to learn max, but sooo much to setup, I see you are an aussie, I have a private Teamspeak acc, would be much easier using TS, to get me started...PM if you are interested....cheers

20. Radar

Radar Registered

Hey Intel, Happy to help and I too have private TS so either way I'm happy to jump on yours or you on ours. I have been writing up some basic doco (more rFactor related) as I know a couple other people who also want to learn because they are seeing the potential it has over Google Sketchup or BTB and the likes without trawling through the net for videos doco's etc.

I'll PM you to get some details and go from there, I won't be able to commit to huge amounts of time with you when we do chat but am happy to commit regularly as I have projects to be completed for other games / platforms as well as rF2.

I have my own private dedicated server and FTP, so if you need to test / send some files back and forth I can create an FTP account strictly between us to keep your work confidential (not leaked prior to it's intended release by yourself). We can discuss further later.