[REL] Barbagallo v2.3 01/08/18

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Nibiru, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

First post updated

The wait is over :rolleyes:

First up thanks to Darren Blythe for making this track and then allowing me to convert it over.
    2nd Thanks to Hexagramme for making the AIW
    Also a big thanks to all the guys at xfactorracing.com for all the testing and downloading they did.

Not very much left to do so it's time for the public test and see what you guys find. I welcome your feedback so I can try and make it the best I can. The CAM file needs some work

v0.9
    All rFactor 2 elements have been added
    2 Layouts (Long and Short)
    Nightlighting
    realroad
    terrain Radiosity Pass
    new terrain shader
    wet reflections
    Animated objects
    Billboard trees and shrubs
    added grass verge
    re-textured all objects
    albedo maps
    Ambient Occlusion maps made for some objects
    Graphic detail settings (high, med)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/seehdpc7moekazz/Barbagallo_v09.rfcmp

Hope you enjoy and leave any feedback you find

Nibiru

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
    Driven likes this.
  2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Tyvm Nibiru. When back at home tonight i will download and give feedback

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Nice track, i can confirm Juergens findings. AI take very much the inside curb costing them much time and sometimes they even flip.

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Yes, confirm, too ;) the ai are very slow, because of a very "special" driving line...

6. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I will try and get a temporary AIW fix.

Any thing else besides the AIW and CAMs?

Driven likes this.
  7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I noticed flickering on some objects and some trees looking very special, cant explain better. Very close to, how transparent trees are looking...

//Edit: just want to add/explain: at the moment i can only report about visual findings, because the motherboard of my race rig is broken and i`m waiting for a replacement.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2016
  8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I will test with other cars today and report any findings Nibiru.
    Again thanks for your efforts it's a lovely track already

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

This for sure, +1

10. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Driven likes this.
  11. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Thanks, testing soon! Looks like an excellent job on bringing this track to rF2 platform.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2016
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Awesome!!! As mentioned, this is one of my favourite tracks of all time, so to have a high quality version in rF2 is just great. And both layouts, with both pits!! :) Can't say enough thanks.

You (or maybe Darren) have managed to do something even ISI usually fails to do--stamp-out z-fighting (flickering) of closely spaced planes. I only see one instance, which is a miracle--there is a tree near the pit entrance that interferes with another tree. You can see it as you come down the hill before the last turn on the track.

A couple of other suggestions:

The mirror-like reflections on glass that seem to be the default in rF2 are too extreme. The pit building glass would look much more realistic with less reflectivity.

The square metal railing in front of and along side the stairs of the green-seated grand stand near the main pit entrance has extreme jaggies. I think it's a transparency issue because other textures are fine. Toban has this, too, on the metal temporary fencing in the pits and on the railings to the stairs of the overhead walkways. Very distracting as it shimmers from a distance, but don't feel bad because even ISI gets it wrong. Would be great if this could be fixed, though. The protective railing/screens at the side of the stairs of those pits are visible from a long distance and for quite a while and they "crawl" or shimmer the whole time. Adjusting them so they look good from a distance perhaps at the expense of the close-up view would be great since we aren't driving from the grand stand ;)

As Juergen mentioned, there is something strange happening with the trees that may also be transparency-related. There is also some very low-res sections of some trees that are so low res as to be distracting.

I mention these things in the spirit of perfecting this track. It is already very close to perfection and an incredible effort by you and Darren!

13. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

This version has turned me on to Barbagallo. Mr Blythe and co. obviously know what they're doing. Not to hijack this thread but any word of his VIR coming our way too? Really looking forward to the finished Barbagallo btw. V. good job. Thanks

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Firstly thanks for doing the conversion which is great, memories came flooding back from my trip there last year when I first drove out the pits :)

Unfortunately with this 0.91 the AI are rolling on the curbs far too easily (Long layout), I never tried 0.90.

Edit: Meganes and the Porsche (Flat 6)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  15. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Just had a race with 15 Clio Cup cars and had a blast. I'm using v0.91 and had no roll-overs with the AI @ 95%. Great performance on my aging machine too...very well done conversion so far.

16. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thanks guys for the comments. Sorry about the AI...To me it's a slight error with the ISI AIW model.

MarcG might be able to remember that there is a small raised lip on the track edge concrete, which is in this track. So when the AI hit it they don't know how to control the car.

I hope I get some tips here from Luc or Tuttle but I'll have to play with material settings and lowering the height around the track. I'd like to keep the lip in.

17. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

This circuit is much more beautiful with rFactor 2, than with Assetto Corsa

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I wonder if the new AI Learning mode might be a quick fix, will have a play later/tomorrow and find out.

19. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I'm going away for a few days for work now so I can't do anything for a while . So if you can, I'd like to hear your findings

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Nope that didn't fix it, the problem is at Turn 1 under Race conditions, when the AI dive down the inside they hit something on the very first Red/White curb which sends them toppling over. As above could be a lip from the grass to the track, also happens at other corners (4 and 5) so may be an issue right around the track.

The AI also run mid track at Turn 1 which isn't correct, they need to be hugging the inside line but I gather this Fix was to push them away from the issue raised above?

Oh and as good as the Hot Air Balloon is it could do with being a little higher :p