Baku F1 2017

Discussion in 'Locations' started by rafalgt, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stonec

stonec Registered

@juanchioooo Ok, we are talking about different things. My original post was about why mods like this Baku version failed to adapt textures to HDR. Marcel (the boss of S397) has already explained why they chose to not (yet) move a new graphics engine in this interview. Anyway, we are not in a disagreement, and this tread has gone off topic.

MO: That has been discussed as an option going forward. I would say it's going to be probably a longer term thing. Looking at DX11, that's something we want to introduce first quarter of next year. I would say completely replacing the engine with a new graphics engine is at least a couple of years out. It is the logical next step to take, just looking at software development in general there is a clear trend towards using pre existing components, and building software that way as opposed to creating everything yourself, so that is definitely a trend we are going to follow. With a move to DX11, I think we have a few years to plan our next move. That's definitely going to take a while, as it has a really big impact on the engine on the whole. It's definitely not something we will be doing in a couple of months or something.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

Is this the best version of Baku available ??

3. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

For free, yes.
    Cannot comment on RR's version as I have not driven it. But it will require a full subscription to their champ, which costs 30 euros.
    I have driven 2 others that were similar, but the AI did not perform as well. The only real issue with this track, IMO, is some gfx stuff. Personally, I would rather an accurate road with poor gfx than a pretty track with a crappy surface.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Wrong,just wrong

5. ZED

ZED Registered

I relied on Track map and it was a useful tool. There was no way though, it alone was going to stop me from using the DX11 beta.
    To honest it was ugly to look at,but it had no competition. I have no fear that something better or at least on par, is not too far away. Whether that comes from S397 themselves or a 3rd party.

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

OK perfect ,
    regards

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

That is his opinion not mine evidently. ISI made a serious mistake for a future that now studio 397 tries to fix and improve with dx11

8. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I'm on about where you say that having an new engine would be like a completely new different sim,it wouldn't.
    I'm not questioning weather it's worth it or not,ISi didn't really do much at all with the gmotor 2 engine,so who knows what's left in it,unreal engine hasn't really caught on yet,for a reason too

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Build a complete new graphics engine is a huge job, with different libraries dx, implement it is not compensated, it would be better to build a rfactor 3 or another name
    regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.