Bahrain 2020

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by Richard Busch, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

If anyone doubted the need for "The Halo" let them look at the F1 race today. I've seen two accidents similar to this and they both ended tragically.

https://motorsports....-bahrain-crash/

I'm still trying to figure out how he managed to climb out and through a ball of flame. I am so happy for the Halo now, and very glad he's not hurt badly.

Racecraft likes this.
  2. Racecraft

Racecraft Registered

Couldn't believe what I saw today.

The halo saved a life. Whatever anyone thinks of it, asthetically or philosophically, doesn't count. The debate ended today.

muz_j and Richard Busch like this.
  3. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Yeah that was nuts. I don't follow modern F1 much, but I saw that crash on Youtube and watched it.
    people with more knowledge than me have stated if you watch the full video of it and put a stop watch on it, the guy was in the car on fire for something like 20 - 25 seconds (much longer than was shown in some broad casts) and apparently the modern fire suits have a duration limit of about 30 odd seconds until the flame protection reaches some sort of limit - so that driver was very lucky for multiple reasons - modern technology is pretty damn impressive in the right scenarios.