Baffled by press

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Promag, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Domi

Domi Registered

From initial package (ISI official content), it is exactly the same.

2. Domi

Domi Registered

Don't worry much about him, he's one of the biggest trolls of iR and RD forums. You are totally right on this.

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Fair point Domi.
    Apart from ability to join servers seaming less, setup servers, getmod, single player wow's, vmod overruling in SP, vmods removing content, list turning into tiles, rf2 not remembering what was last used, RR presets not working unless...skins not working unless....etc.
    there's plenty around that users need to get into before things settle down.

Again, both a consequence of open source and things that need to be fixed/improved.

4. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

Assetto Corsa is not specially a closed environment and is a lot more user friendly... Being a closed or open environment doesn't stop a game from being user friendly, so please, stop with the excuses.

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

I can already see that steam is probably the solution. :)

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

And both iRacing/Papyrus and Assetto Corsa have functional and neat setup menus with pop-up descriptive messages to assist on what the parameters are. Moddable or not, the argument isn't changed. The mods in rF2 are handled like default content, I don't see any additional hassle or ways as to how such would allow for exclusion of arguments, dutch samurai.

Edit:

Again, what the hell?!

7. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

Steam would be a part of the solution. At least we could have automatic updates, quick hot fixes, I guess we could even select and automatically update ISI official content without dealing with mod managers or .packages files.

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

What, not good ?

It is at least standard user-friendly. :)

9. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Just press tuning...and i can see the car....easy

10. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Please read my post http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22308-Baffled-by-press?p=320057&viewfull=1#post320057

Why don't I need to press twice to see a car added in RF1?

Why do you see the original skin in the preview if you use an alternate skin for a car present in the team.mas?

Why can you get rid of a skin you don't want to appear if it is in the original team.mas file without repackaging?

If I want the things well done, that the UI presents in the same way original skins and added skins it is a lot of work and needs skills not available for many users of the sim.

So yes it is very well done, you are right, it helps a lot modders to bring quality content to RF2.

I doesn't prevent me from enjoying the sim, but don't be baffled by what the press says of RF2, not every one sees as you do a half baked job as a great feat in 2014 (may I remember you were are speaking of build 880, not build 7).

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
  11. Nazirull Safry Paijo

why in RF1 can? coz its RF1 not RF2.

so its true....bad UI makes bad sim lol

doesnt bother me one bit. want good UI, go AC.
    Same with modders.

ISI is makin their own cars n tracks. I'll wait for them then.

12. Nazirull Safry Paijo

[​IMG]

You and me....lets set a time....1 hour race...ISI cars n track.

13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Why don't you give facts that contradict or ponder his arguments?
    Why do you call him a troll, which is a personal attack on him even if you add all the smileys?
    Because it is easier than trying to argue logically with him?

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
  14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Very mature and polite reply (go away and play AC).

Not a single argument in it.

Thanks a lot.

15. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Asking me abt why the UI is like this and that is the right way to do it too...
    Email Tim and he'll answer you.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I just spent 44 minutes trying to have a race with 10 100% ai, 30% aggression, in the BT20s in Monaco. Restarted around 30 times due to a couple of reasons, mostly the AI messing up at diverse points of the track (including 4 moments where the controller input reset itself, seems to be a bug with many restarts). All in an effort to 1) have a pleasant time 2) record and upload it to share with others. Imagine the reaction of a few people here (about 12 or so) if I had uploaded the live recording...

17. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Abt the same thing u'll get racing with 10 human racers also

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I also use lightboost + SLI, mostly in 3D, but 2D as well (HDR always on of course), my game is bright as hell and no issues at all regarding a lack of sunlight. I've also owned 3 different 780 Tis and never had your issue on any rF2 build.

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

What goes around comes around. The absurdity of those claims didn't exactly call for any kind of well thought out counter-response. I just found it hilarious exactly because it didn't show any proof. Another 'AC is winning rF2 is losing' post. But why, sir, is rF2 losing? Oh, because you say so? Well that's very reasonable... I'll just take your word for it. :D:rolleyes:

20. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

Trying to be a voice of reason, I say here is a general problem of this discussion: Mixing perspectives.

When I got into rF2, it was like this: Coming from rF1 I just plain bought the new game, jumped right aboard and grew accustomed to its little idiosyncrasies. Now that I've "gotten behind the magic curtain" so to speak I already know what kind of gem rF2 is and that no other actual sim right now can hold a candle to it (in my opinion at least).

So let's talk about "being on the inside" of this curtain. We lot throwing words at each other in this thread are already INSIDERS. This thread though is about the OUTSIDERS and their reaction to rF2. And this reaction is mostly negative, so much so that rF2's image scares people away (read: doesn't lure them INSIDE). They try the demo, then uninstall quickly and then talk to other OUTSIDERS how bad rF2 is, looks, drives, feels. And the other OUTSIDERS reply: Hey, we told you so!

Saying "Hah, we are the INSIDERS we don't want no snot-nosed OUTSIDERS in here. They ain't no TRUE simracers! We INSIDERS are so hardcore we aren't bothered by rF2's UI and bugs, no need to change it!" doesn't help better the image, does it?

If the "voice of rF2" himself doesn't feel comfortable (yet) with advertising the game to OUTSIDERS this gotta mean something, doesn't it?
    I'm sure it means they are working on improving the "first user friendliness" and it's about high time for that.