Baffled by press

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Promag, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Name calling. Brilliant and mature way to debate your argument. Yep, thread is good entertainment.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ari, you have some serious issues there. I have 2-way SLI 780 Tis with triple screens and multiview and I've never had issues with outer monitors.

3. Mulero

Mulero Registered

These data and the set I made a few pages and rightly Eduard Mallorqui made me noticing the amount of downloads. Any circuit or car of Assetto Corsa round of the 5000 downloads, rFactor2 roam the 500.

Like it or not Assetto Corsa is taking the whole cake. A few years ago the word rFactor, was a leader in simulation, today, rFactor means nothing to most people. When someone asks for a simulator, people recommends Assetto Corsa or iRacing but never rFactor2.

Some time ago I read a phrase in a forum that made me laugh but perfectly summarizes what is happening with rFactor2. The statement said:

ISI should teach a master in university to be titled "How to make the best simulator on the market and make it seem like a real dump"

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I'm super pumped for the new U.I. It's not just about changing some fonts, text sizes, and colours. It's about also adding more functionality, control, and convenience to the sim. Plus a better impression for potential buyers.

I'm really glad ISI is working on this.

5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I think you miss a few points, see my post http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22308-Baffled-by-press?p=319955&viewfull=1#post319955

If for instance, like me you didn't appreciate the standard skins supplied with lets say Howstons and whant to replace them by yours (not simply adding new ones, removing old ones. and letting only yours) you have to do what I describe unless someone proves me the contrary.

Alternate skins won't show in the preview of the UI, you'll see the old skin, and only when clicking on tuning will the alternate skin appear.

That is why I have new versions packaged for my URD vehicles, and many other mods.

If I was wrong and proved so, I will be very grateful to the poster that will spare me such a work.

When Tim explained that people have no idea of the meaning of UI developpment, I think he was meaning that a new UI is not only new buttons and pretty colours, it goes much further, it means a change of how you interact with the whole game, not only cosmetics.

Would't you like that the game remenbered that you run at singapore at night (no need to change hours of the three sessions to play there more than once, and remember that Brasil is run at 2 pm), wouldn'it be nice that the Ui remembered the AI settings you use at each track with each mod?

Cheers, my fever is coming down.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
  6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Applying a custom texture to either game is about the same effort, only additional aspect with rF2 is if you have to create the folder for the specific car. In AC you have one car model from where the different liveries are selected from, and from where your opponents are drawn.

That absolute number means nothing, as someone said it's mostly texture work. What needs to be accounted for is AC has just recently reached release candidate but has had scratch made car and track work in the works for quite a while, and luckily for the community there are several high-quality things in progress, though tracks are still at a lesser amount and rate. That we don't seem to have going for in rF2. It would be lovely if some of the cars (and couple of tracks) set to come out for AC do get ported to rF2 some day but I greatly suspect the original authors would not care about going through the work to get a 1:1 version of their work over here.

7. Maug

Maug Registered

You can try as hard as you want to convince yourself but it doesn't work on us. Most rF2 users here are smart and educated enough to form their own opinion by themselves and surely know why they bought rF2.

8. myself9

myself9 Registered

This thread makes me want to shove my arm up my ### and poke my eyes out from the inside.

9. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

These forums honestly baffle me.

It's like for every positive post, there is a negative one. Everytime someone points out a a positive of it, someone comes a long with some crazy way to shoot it down. In contrast, some rF2 fanboys are blind too.

But let's be objective. EVERY sim out there has its flaws. All of them. There is no perfect sim.

rF2 has it's issues. UI and graphics performance are the ones that jump out at me (from conversation here. I'm fine with rF2 generally)
    AC.... Doesn't even have flags(seriously??), utterly tosh online and has ZERO admin tools for us league admins.
    iRacing...... just stupidly expensive plus other stuff.

You all jump on rF2 like it's the worst of the worst, as bad as a sim can be. Like ISI sit on their arses and do nothing all day, like they're not passionate about their product and want it to be the best there is.

Get some perspective, be objective. They all have their downsides..... but by the way, rFactor 2 has A LOT of things NO OTHER SIM has.....

meh..... you chronic complainers are your own worst enemy.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
  10. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I would certainly like to see a couple in rF2, for me the Nissan Primera being most notable.

11. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Has to be trolling, no? Surely these posters would rather be driving the much superior assetto corsa than posting in the rF2 forums? Just saying. Unless getting people riled up in rf2 forums is more fun than online racing in ac.

.has to be the troll of the day.

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

No all is fine, when nVidia lightboost + SLI, HDR can not bee used, game is too dark, I am using SweetFX to get a bit sunlight in to my game, it is last pic how rFactor2 looks like when no SweetFX.:)

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I have a couple of modding contacts, I'll see how much persuasion I have :p. I've already been faced with the issue of porting and implementation to rF2 of a track, I'd need to be able to "offer" someone who could do justice to tracks in rF2 to get involved. For cars the issue will be someone to "convert" the handling and tires, which may be tougher to find.

14. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I agree - I used the term because another guy was calling potential new simmers this to make a point that what he considers snot noses are potential simmers. I thought that was pretty obvious since I quote him?

Edit: I just realized that you probably didnt read my full comment including the quote so maybe thats why you misunderstood.

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Your post just made this thread peak in its entertainment value...
    Nothing like a proper troll post to spice things up. ;):rolleyes:

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

dont feed the troll!

17. peterchen

peterchen Registered

This thread is about the negatives of rF2, isn´t it?
    If you wish positive comments, read a post that´s about positives or just start one!
    This is a discussion, so there are pros and cons you know?

18. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Seriously? Wow !!! I have always supported rFactor2, and for me, is the only simulator to consider today but this does not prevent me from seeing what is happening. Commercially speaking rFactor2 is a disaster. The number of players is very low and hardly anyone is working on rFactor2. How many quality cars or tracks have been released the last 6 months? It is not a question of being a troll or being a fanboy, it's just being realistic.

I think you're misinterpreting my post. At no point am I trying to convince anyone of anything if not bringing out what is fact.

Assetto Corsa is below rFactor2 in all aspects. Physics, tyre-model, FFB, features .... for me is a joke simulator. So how can it be that we are seeing the current situation?

Sorry if some of you feel offended if I say things out loud, but this is reality.

19. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

From OP

So, in answer to your question, no, it isn't.

20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yes, because a closed environment vs an open environment is exactly the same thing.......

Not saying rf2 could/should be made more accessible and easy to use, it can certainly be more user-friendly indeed, but comparing it with iracing's closed circuit approach is a bit off the chart and marking any arguments against it as senseless and blinded, on forehand no less, is just plain [censured]