Baffled by press

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Promag, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes but non of them is top ranked, like to remind you that those guys has raced rFactor1, GPL and also AC :(

2. Connor Caple

Connor Caple Registered

Maybe ISI need to go bankrupt, form a new company and then get their game back on track like R3E? :p

3. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Huttu......money and organised competition?

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Nah, Greger races also for fun I have raced him in rFactor1 GPL and GTR2 many thimes.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Your post really does underline the absurdity of claiming that a UI can ruin the racing itself. Nothing further from my mind either, I must say. If people decide to judge this book its cover, then too bad for them. :D

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I don't think I'm alone in saying 'who cares' what those guys are doing. This is all about my experience when on track. And your experience. And each single users' experience. Nothing else.

I don't care which models or brands of instruments the world's best musicians play either. It's all about my experience and pleasure when playing, nothing else. Couldn't care any less what others are doing, that's up to them.

Edit: In the end it's all down to personal preference and perception.
    Ask me and I'll tell you all about what makes iRacing, AC and even rF1 much worse sims than rF2.
    Ask Huttu or any of those guys and they'll tell you why rF2 is inferior.
    And none of it is true. Or all of it is true. In the end it just doesn't matter at all. All down to perception. ;)

But to label rF2 the inferior sim because three aliens "don't use it"... Sigh. :rolleyes:

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Listen to me mate, you don`t have triple screens and don`t have any clue about scaling, bezel etc. so you rely don`t know anything about how it is, you judgment is not needed at all because you simply don`t have any clue at all.

8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I am sorry, I never said that the UI hurts racing (nor implied it should be the main priority in developpment), it simply hurts sales.

Ask yourself why publishers spend so much money on the art on the cover page of a book (it won't change the story in the book the least).

Search how much of the cost of a perfume is represented by the packaging (it doesn't change the fragrance in it).

Ugly doesn't sell.

Life is absurd as you say, no doubt, but the clients are always right, every business that forgets it, has it's days counted.

ISI is a busisness.

Cheers.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Huttu would be extremely competitive in rF2 or AC and I am sure the other guys would too... though let's not forget a lot of them stuck around iR on rF1 days already. They have trained and dedicated themselves to it for hours on end and the skills are transferable over games. It's like Rich said, what they race provides them with revenue from results and sponsorship. Plus it also happens to simulate real life racing and it has a plethora of high quality tracks, it's not like they're on a GRID Autosport series.

No one can speak for UI hurting sales but I can say it always hurt the eyes with that low resolution look stretched to fill the monitor, much like we still have the old legal notice stretched out on the screen. I still use ISI UI because of functionality, the minimalist UI looked much nicer because pretty much anything that is moderately neat would look nicer. That carbon or whatever UI, by Viso, unfortunately manages to make it worse.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
  10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You rely are something, topic was to make the point why they may not use rFactor2(no multi CPU support, no UI)get the clue?

11. Domi

Domi Registered

Here you can find some of them, so the statement is not entirely true. We have had eventually iRacing WCS race winners like Atze Kerkhof and Aleksi Uusi Jaakkola there this season (and didn't win).

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Well topic was not about "them" and it is you statement that is not true, Atze Kerkhof is member of Team Redline , iRacing careen, starts 34, wins 3 makes you not top ranked in any sims and Aleksi Uusi Jaakkola did start only in one race doing fastest lap.:rolleyes:

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

While I understand your direction here, it's not entirely the right way to approach a forum. Everyone has a right to discuss things. You can just tell him the issues you are talking about, instead of telling him not to talk anymore. If nobody got involved with things they had not personally experienced, I think you would probably have to stop posting a lot as well. Basically, be nicer. ;)

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

What you mean is that if you make statement about hardware you don`t own and have probably never used I can not make argument about it ?

15. stonec

stonec Registered

AUK scored a win this season. So 3 wins in a league where Huttu wins 75% of races is considered worth nothing? Your list of top drivers must be very limited if Kerkhof is not part of it.
    And yes, rF2 multi-GPU support is mediocre at best.

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

http://wcs.iracing.com/drivers/atze-kerkhof/

17. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Current UI works for me. Marketing realities aside let's not confuse the fact that the current UI gets the job done and then some. Only functional issue I see is slowness selecting cars.

18. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Hear hear.

The ratio of time I spend driving vs the UI puts the UI quite low on the "to do" list if I was boss. I'm not using the UI at all when I'm racing. :p

19. Domi

Domi Registered

Jesus, you have absolutely no idea about top simracing do you? Atze (who is friend of mine) finished 2nd OVERALL last season, behind Huttu and in front of people like Luis, so please stop embarrassing yourself lol

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You didn't make an argument about anything. You effectively told him to shut up about triples because of his credentials not using triples. If that attitude went into other things in life? Nobody but politicians would be allowed to vote - they're the only ones with relevant experience and knowledge.