Bad performance latest nVidia drivers + Win10

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Richard Hessels, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels Member

In windows 7 with nvidia drivers 340 i have great SLI performance, but same system running windows 10 and 355.82 it runs bad.
    Both GPU's (GTX670's) never get more than 50/60% load.
    With the Windows 7 system running the 340 drivers i would get much more consistent and higher framerates.
    CPU is 4.4 GHZ i7 with 16GB ram, can hardly think there is a bottleneck with only 8 cars on the track.
    When are you guys going to put some real effort in the rendering pipeline and/or get some decent profile that's properly working with the newer drivers?
    Don't bring me this bull about SLI is crap, it runs extremely fine at any other sim.
    Run Assetto Corsa at very high settings - pCars can even have track detail on ultra.
    But with rF2 i can't even get half the framerates, or i have to disable so much stuff my rF1 even look better.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I had stutter and lower fps with single GTX670 in W10.

GPU Sync fixed stutter but performance was still underwhelming.

W7 is much better for me

3. otta56

otta56 Registered

The stock Nvidia profile has not been updated since 2011. Try the Lego Batman 2 profile (0x02D04005). It can be set using Nvidia Inspector and works well with both rF2 build 998 & the latest Nvidia developer's driver 356.04.

https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-vr-driver-support

This really is a work around though. As Nvidia points out in their best practices guide and developer materials, it is up to the software developer to optimize the parallelism of their graphics pipeline; the profile is just a crude way of doing this on Nvidia's part. And, the onus is on the game developers to submit their games for Nvidia to test for profile development. Neither of these appears to have happened.

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Those aren't the latest drivers. New drivers came out this week (355.98).

5. Magus

Magus Registered

Same with me so reverted back to W8.1. For the life of me I can't pinpoint why rf2 runs poorly with W10 regardless of which sli profile I use. I lose around 20fps with both GPU's not exceeding 60-70% usage.

6. yusupov

yusupov Registered

is nvidia or the developer "more responsible" for SLI performance? if ISI, im sure they can figure out the issue...im sure nvidia can too, but then theres a question of whether or not they will.

7. Magus

Magus Registered

So delving into this I'm convinced it's an issue with the nvidia drivers and the ASUS rampage iv extreme bios and drivers. Msi suffered a similar issue with their boards and witcher 3 in sli under w10.

@ Richard. Are you using an asus mobo? If so which one?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk