Backup Component Package

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Jeferson Richart, May 9, 2015.

1. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Hi all

I will format my computer but do not want to lose my list of component packages and packages mods, because I intend to release updates for them.
    Anyone know where I can find the files to save and restore the components in the new installation?

Thanks

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Do you mean the files of the installed content or the mod/comp files that you have to download to install them?

The mod/comp files downloaded by using the Launcher, you should find in your packages-folder.
    If you didn't change it, it should be [rF2 main folder]\Packages

And files downloaded "manually", you should know best where you have stored them. :)

3. Jeferson Richart

Sorry I did not explain right . I want to save the list and files of the packages that I made for my league. It is a list of cars and tracks with the definition of MAS used in each one.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

Ah, maybe you mean the file which contains the list that shows up in the comp-builer dropdown?

I use Window 7 Ultimate and here the files are in "C:\Users\[My username]\AppData\Roaming

Look for "cmpinfo.dat" and "pkginfo.dat". (maybe there are others)

5. Jeferson Richart

Thank you... :D