B860, RealRoad reflections broken

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by WiZPER, Sep 20, 2014.

1. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Looks like the RealRoad Reflections have been messed up in B860 - both in DEV and "regular" modes. It's viewer angle related and shows as a weird pixelated goo without any reflections - I tested both with my previous Player.JSON and the default that comes with DEV SDK - also both with LOW and HIGH reflection setting, same problem.

B860_RealRoad_Reflection_Broken2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
  2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

We're aware of the issue -- but thanks for making absolutely sure by reporting :) .

3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Thank you for confirming, was just told otherwise by your Facebook admin :)

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

And how to fix it ?

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I'm pretty sure that's on ISI in next build at some point.

6. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

7. Rik

Rik Registered

for now put special effects off.

8. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

That would still not make it possible to see how wet the track is, our league has chosen to stick with B798 since we do endurance - unfortunately.

9. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

And you decide to release to public a build with this kind of bug? Why don't wait to fix it???

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

We too...

11. stonec

stonec Registered

Nobody reported it from internal or unstable testers it seems (I guess because nobody runs rain with rF2 in its current state). Feel free to join unstable build testing group here.

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

For me a it's a test to do by dev as non regression tests.
    I'm already in unstable build test forum, but without a change indicated in the change log between build I don't make dedicated tests. In the last change log nothing talk about an update about the rain rendering, so not tests needed because no change made on the product. I think there is a big lack of fix reporting from ISI dev. I'm not payed to beta test the product, because the product is not in beta since long time now, I hope the test to check if a the already implemented feature are not broken following a release are in place, but I think it's not the case on this part.

At ISI there is this ambigus situation, a game released and not in beta, but deleveries of patch with the lost of some main feature already working or already fixed. So it's not serious to continue in this way, ISI shall consider it's customer like in industry, avoid any deliveray that degrade the current available product version in use (so avoid regressions before delivery). Or at least announce them the known regressions before to avoid installation for the customers using the concerned feature.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  13. stonec

stonec Registered

This I agree on, it seems to happen very often with rF2. One build omni lights work, next not. Sometimes you see tire flatspots, sometimes not. Once a year we get jaggy in-car shadows back in some build. Whatever that is fixed once gets broken again in subsequent build, which to me tells the game is coded poorly, with too many dependencies.

14. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

In a dynamic simulation environment there HAS to be a lot of dependencies :) But I agree that it is somewhat troublesome that working features suddenly is rendered useless, and not spotted during internal testing.

15. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

This is the story of rf2 so far so - which means for years. Nothing indicates that this Will change and when something gets messed up they do not Seem to bother to a) apologize to their customers for embarrazing errors like this example - or the plain stupid mistake that auto Update Was not activated even though they assured that from next build it would work again. B) release hotfixes for these mistakes which means months Will go by with broken stuff until next build with new broken stuff.

When things like these are reported the response is yeah we know wait for next build. Seems so careless towards Their customers.

It really ruins the experience to feel this Way about a sim that could be so much more.

16. stonec

stonec Registered

Well we are using rF2 with league and it works, but ofc those issues are annoying. Again, had they used Steam it would be so easy to release hotfixes straight away. Now it takes time for all servers to update etc, it's not feasible to release hotfix builds every day.

17. DocJones

DocJones Registered

I disagree. Releasing a hotfix (new build with only newly introduced bugs like this one fixed, plus working autoupdate for all customers) would be possible with ISI's system, you don't need Steam for that.

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The product is still in beta except for in name/for marketing and licensing purposes. And yes, hotfixes should now finally be possible with the auto-update feature.

19. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Lol and they came back and said nothing

Same S**T different day lol

Unstable testing:
    if you mention it worked on a previous build ( you get told to stick to talk on this build WTF!)

20. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

However if rf2 ran Steam customers would NOT be able to just use the older build ;)