B770 - Launching server with shortcut and custom profile dont work

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MaD_King, Jul 4, 2014.

1. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I have one installation, and 4 profiles (player, Instance1, Instance2, Instance3). I launch my server with 3 shortcuts like this :
    "C:\Serveurs\rFactor2\Core\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe" +path=D:\Serveurs\rFactor2 +profile "Instance1" IP:pORT +maxplayers 45

On B660 all was well, with a from scratch install B770 with a player profile (so with JSON files) duplicated and renamed Instance1, I have the error :
    No mods files or installed mod found.

When I try to launch with the Host button from the game, I can launch the player profile, but the Instance* profiles are not visible in the combo list.

2. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Hi Mad_King.
    Here what i found that confirm the bug:

The server will always look to player.JSON (or PLR) in the directory and not <directory>.JSON or PLR

-> So, i duplicate the "player" directory and rename it to "player2", but if i let "player.JSON" (instead of renaming it to player2.JSON) the dedicated server view the two profiles in the combobox, but the to entries have the same name "player"
    -> it seems to be a bug and not a rule change in how to create several profiles
    View attachment 13446

Then as i have several profile shown in the combo, it try to launch the game via shortcut like you, but i still get the "no mods installed error". Unfortunatly, i cannot find a workaround to wait the bug fix.