B590 NightGlows Not working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jim Beam, Mar 21, 2014.

1. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

It was more the type of entry that I wanted to draw attention to. I see nothing different about that Joesville entry than this entry from Silverstone GT:

What track should I use?

Silverstone, Loch, Limerock, as well as what I've been working on in DevMode also looked messed. In fact Loch Drummond Long looked fully lit @ 3am so I searched for an ISI track that looked dark, and had lights (Silverstone didn't appear to have any). I did see some sort of lights @ VLM's Sebring, but it didn't seem to cast light on terrain/road and was something that might be clever texture work.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

There is still this issue at Mills with the signs that have lights on them. Sorry I don't know the technical term. They do look different from different angles and distances though.

View attachment 12331

3. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Yes, that's something we'll need to address when we revisit and upgrade the track. It's ... in the queue ............. :)

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Thanks Luc. :)

5. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Here's one from a conversion I did a while ago, and it works fine as far as I can see:

Code:
    Light=Nightlight01
    {
        Type=Omni Pos=(-115.440649, 30.0, -129.469906) Range=(0.000000, 60.000000) Active=True Intensity=(6.000000) Color=(235, 235, 220)
    }
    I remember I had to increase the intensity quite a bit from rFactor1, so that might be it.

6. lordpantsington

Alrighty, found out at least some of the issues:
    The automated HDR profile for LD makes the track look like setting sun @ 3am, turning HDR off lights the track as if it is dusk or dawn.

Turning track details up allowed me to see the light glow objects @ Mills, but I am not seeing the actual lighting as shown in post 42 here is what I have:
    GRAB_011.JPG
    Notice how it is very flatly lit. It is like the lights aren't actually there.

7. lordpantsington

When you seem to be the only one with an issue, check your install. Looks like mine wasn't updating to 660. Is now, issue fixed.