Automobilista

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by DurgeDriven, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

Does anyone have any idea at all about when it's out? Any inkling other than q1?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Won't be long I know that much!

3. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

Every day is too long now!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4. Stevy

Stevy Registered

if you can trust this pictures and videos and Automobilista gets really this great, i think rFactor2 will die.
    And i will be not loyal ;)

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I could literally tell it was the "same ol" core physics from just the two or three turns during him leaving the pitlane and joining the track. I was then about to just close the video out of frustration but I figured I'd keep watching as it would be ignorant for me to just judge based on low and low-ish speed front-end behaviour without having seen some oversteer situations. So I kept watching and get to the final corner where he gets a nice dose of oversteer; I cringe while shutting the video off as my eyes and brain can't take it anymore.

I'm sorry but nothing on planet Earth behaves/acts/reacts/moves like that during oversteer. It's still like there's no momentum, no weight, no "energy".

Too bad...I'll still have fun with it though especially with the slower cars and because of my OSW which makes everything more fun regardless of how good or bad, easy or difficult, realistic or unrealistic any game may be. But it's still the "same ol" basic pMotor oddities going all the way back 15 years to F1 2002 (and possibly earlier to the 90s).

Looking forward to information on Reiza's 2 2017 title.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
  6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...which is based on the "same ol" engine that you're constantly whining about...

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Nice...editing quotes to put words in people's mouths. i'm surprised forums actually allow that. But good luck going through life with purely emotional responses rather than logic and critical thinking.

It's not about me making a sim. It's about being critical for the sake of improvement combined with the fact that something is so glaringly wrong that one would have to be unbelievably imperceptive to not see it - and even more so when you have thousands upon thousands over decades upon decades of real life examples to compare from (and even moreso beyond that still when almost all other sims behave differently too).

Keep responding out of emotion and out of defense and praise for your ruler/god (ISI in this particular case) while making sure to not dare criticize or even question anything they do or say. That sort of "sheep" mindset is quite common anyways; so you fit right in line with the other sheeple of the world....Blindly following and believing as long as it either makes you "feel" good or supports your view of what you want reality to be like; that's called delusion.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2016
  8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'm sure others also see exactly what you mean, that was a lazy oversteer for such powerful car, nowhere near Kiesa in Monza. But remember, according to words from makers themselves, it is still the simplified physics. Nicer refresh rate doesn't alter that. Also, this is a nicer looking SCE. Why would this be so different from what the game previously was?

9. Emery

Emery Registered

<WARNING: Cider-induced Ramblings Below>

Reiza is investing in graphical updates, as I knew they'd need, to create Automobilista in 2016. Anyone expecting a new level of graphics for the 2017 title is not considering the impact of this investment. There's no reason to believe a new lighting engine will emerge in Reiza's 2017 effort because it would be silly to redo the graphics again in such a short timeframe.

Taking that conclusion further, means Reiza is heading in other directions. Content already shows an expansion into dirt environments and a real-road competitor. We've already seen an expansion of car types, but it's mainly been single-car racing rather than multi-marque and I see no reason for that to change. Historical series are not likely to reach further back than the '70s and their new base is definitely formula cars as it's easier to make a generic formula car than a generic GT.

And now the cider is taking over and I can't remember any other thoughts, LOL.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Nobody seems to be able to state an opinion for any side of any discussion without making me want to put you all onto the timeout chair for being naughty children. So I'll just close the thread to achieve the same thing (a nights sleep without waking up to post reports from this thread).

618c3c01edc73f81fdea665d67672ef4.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.